Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airline is moving destination airport - entitled to refund?

Options
  • 16-05-2012 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I have a flight booked from Frankfurt to Berlin (Bradenberg) with Lufthansa.

Brandenberg is not going to be open in time, so the flight will probably be moved to a different airport (Tegal in Berlin more than likely)

Not that I think it matters, I probably was not going to take this flight as I booked a flight direct from Dublin to Berlin.

So, basically I want to know is it possible(within my rights) for me to refuse the change of arrival airport and get a refund instead? It sounds reasonable enough to me, but I am open for correction?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I'm the same and I was told last week by Lufthansa that if I didn't want to accept the change that I could get a refund.

My email today from ebookers doesn't mention a refund but I think you could get one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Elara: Kin

From what I know if they change anything even your arrival time by 5 minutes you are entitled to a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

What is the problem there? Tegel IS IN Berlin. It's actually much closer to the City Center than Berlin Brandenburg (which isn't in Berlin, but in Brandenburg :rolleyes:) There are regular buses (normal public transport, not rip-off airport buses) and you are in town (Zoo or Alexanderplatz) in under 30 minutes.

Edit: Sorry, have just reread your post and have realised that you are looking for a way to cancel your booking because it doesn't suit you any more for other reasons. In that case: Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I just rang Lufthansa there (for anyone else who needs to ring them their number is 01 8445544)

No problems at all, full refund. Girl on phone was very helpful and polite.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Elara: Kin wrote: »
    From what I know if they change anything even your arrival time by 5 minutes you are entitled to a refund.

Yep...this is correct as far as I know. I had a flight booked a couple of years ago and turned out I would not be able to go on the dates I had booked. Flight was moved by 10 minutes I think and I was able to get a full refund. Lucky break really.

• Advertisement
Advertisement