Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bill Cullen - will he now work for nothing

• 16-05-2012 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

Just heard that the apprentice has been cancelled due to it being the most expensive programme to make.

just wondering - will cullen offer to work for nothing. After all, this is the advice he hands out willy nilly to people who are finding it hard to get a job.

let him and his cronies offer to the apprentice for nothing - that way he will be able to prove that he can stand by what he spouts out. :D:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

He probably won't work for nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Is he finding it hard to get a job though?

how was it that expensive they had massive advertising every week from the companies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

I presumed he was working for nothing, he gets enough advertising out of it anyways.
    How can it be expensive to follow a bunch of cabbages around the streets of dublin acting like gombeens?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Recessionbust

Dropped due to expense they say? More likely dropped because they realise what a Bloody muppet he is.

If it was expense , he should practise what he preached and work for nothing but you can be sure he wont.
    How the hell is it the most expensive program they make? BBC rank it as a low cost production and granted they have a huge budget compared to our excuse for a tv channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Surprised by this really. I thought it was one of the few shows on TV3 that was pulling consistently high ratings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

He isn't finding it hard to get a job though so this thread = Logic Fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Chamone MF

The important thing is that now his self-satisfied fat head won't be on your tv screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

Bill Cullen's "fee" for The Apprentice was €100,000 per series.
    Nice gig if you can get it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Anyone who works for their money deserves it.

Show's cancelled, he's probably delighted. His money is made at this stage and he's no doubt tired of gob shoites shouting at him in the street thinking they know more about business than he does.

Alan Sugar wanted to do his version for free but BBC wouldn't allow it so he just donates his fee to charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

sweetie wrote: »
    I presumed he was working for nothing, he gets enough advertising out of it anyways.
    How can it be expensive to follow a bunch of cabbages around the streets of dublin acting like gombeens?

you are joking?
    imo fellas like him don't work for nothing. Its okay to tell the "little guy" but not for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I find it hilarious that anyone would want to be his apprentice in the first place. And I find it an embarrassment that he was selected as one of the great leaders of Irish business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

bluewolf wrote: »
    how was it that expensive they had massive advertising every week from the companies
    It's all relative, bluey.

Remember, this is TV3 we're talking about.

Alan Sugar wanted to do his version for free but BBC wouldn't allow it so he just donates his fee to charity.

well to be honest, alan sugar comes across as 100% more sincere than penny crab apples here in ireland. :D

smash wrote: »
    I find it hilarious that anyone would want to be his apprentice in the first place. And I find it an embarrassment that he was selected as one of the great leaders of Irish business.

agreed, to me he comes across as a cheap salesman in a cheap suit.

let's all be wardiors

let's all be wardiors
    you don't have the liath-roidi :D

let's all be wardiors

i laughed out loud at that. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

the apprentice is a crap show anyways... it wont be missed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

It's comedy gold. It's like a who's who of people you should never do business with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

smash wrote: »
    I find it an embarrassment that he was selected as one of the great leaders of Irish business.

Greatest available leaders of Irish business. If he was any good he'd be too busy working to go on the show.

Confab wrote: »
    Greatest available leaders of Irish business. If he was any good he'd be too busy working to go on the show.

Does he even make it on the rich list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

I can only imagine the satisfaction felt by the person who got to say,

"Bill, you're fired!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

themadchef wrote: »
    Anyone who works for their money deserves it.

Show's cancelled, he's probably delighted. His money is made at this stage and he's no doubt tired of gob shoites shouting at him in the street thinking they know more about business than he does.

You reckon he has his money made do you? he's made a lot of money in his time alright, but does he still have it?
    His hotel down in Kerry has been losing money for years. He lost his Renault franchise didn't he? A cursory search would suggest all is not rosy in Bill's garden.
    He was a big fan of Bertie and I reckon he fell for our gigantic property bubble hook, line and sinker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

You reckon he has his money made do you? he's made a lot of money in his time alright, but does he still have it?
    His hotel down in Kerry has been losing money for years. He lost his Renault franchise didn't he? A cursory search would suggest all is not rosy in Bill's garden.
    He was a big fan of Bertie and I reckon he fell for our gigantic property bubble hook, line and sinker

I don't want to sound begrudging but after some of the things he's said about job seekers I now have a face on me like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

It's a great premise and it's always comedy gold seeing such cocky contestants fail so miserably. :D But the Irish version is sorely let down by having someone as insufferable and arrogant as Cullen in the main role. His two assistants are complete non-entities too.

The English version is much better; Lord Sugar is someone you'd actually listen to and would want to work for. And Nick Hewer and Margaret Mountford, his assistants, were a brilliant double act that had some wonderful put downs. (Sadly Margaret left a couple of seasons ago to do a PhD studying papyrus or something. Karren Brady, her replacement, isn't as entertaining but still much better than either of Cullen's lackeys.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Bill Cullen should visit the Irish Dragons' Den and see if they'd like to invest in the TV3 Apprentice programme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

What is more worrying is RTE are looking to commission the series and if it has a price tag of 2 million over on TV3, that means about 20 million down at RTE.

TV3 must have been paying the company's to give them tasks even though the huge advertisement they would get. Just remember we live in Ireland after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Harry Hill always summed up The Apprentice UK nicely on TV Burp.

"I'm a mover and a shaker, I started my own online business at 14 and I got a first from Cambridge, I will be Lord Sugars next Apprentice"

*cut to*

"Joanne, your fired!"

:D

Was there really a 100k a year job going with Bill or was that just part of the bullsh1t?

I can imagine Bill saying to the 'winner' once the cameras were turned off, Right Bud shows over now Feck Off. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

I hate the smugness of people like that,most of them wouldnt get out of bed for the right fee,while telling us to do work for free programmes.
    Its quangos like these (FAS and JOBFIT intern ce schemes) that rob what could have been a paid job advertised right out of the community.
    They displace what jobs could have been available,because of these piss schemes we dont have half the paid jobs available that we should have.

Was there really a 100k a year job going with Bill or was that just part of the bullsh1t?

It's a 100K package. This consisted of your company car, wages and OTE if you hit it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

i wonder how many of the dragons from the irish dragon's den went bankrupt after the bubble burst?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The English version is much better; Lord Sugar is someone you'd actually listen to and would want to work for. And Nick Hewer and Margaret Mountford, his assistants, were a brilliant double act that had some wonderful put downs. (Sadly Margaret left a couple of seasons ago to do a PhD studying papyrus or something. Karren Brady, her replacement, isn't as entertaining but still much better than either of Cullen's lackeys.)

It's a very poor season on at the moment, one of the weakest ever

Two seasons ago was TV gold with the candidates they had :D

Alan Sugar has changed so much as this show has gone on.
    In earlier seasons he'd be cursing out everyone, nowadays he's meek in comparison

i wonder how many of the dragons from the irish dragon's den went bankrupt after the bubble burst?
    None as far as I'm aware.

I think DJ Careys ex is in a spot of financial bother at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

I can imagine Bill saying to the 'winner' once the cameras were turned off, Right Bud shows over now Feck Off. :pac:

The guy who won it last year or the year before (Steve Rayner) definitely still works for Bill. Doubt he's on 100K per year though.

Yep. Sarah Newman, the blonde one who made one relatively small investment in her whole two series on the show (on a business related to hurling!) is in fairly deep dodo related to some bad property investments. Herself and DJ like so many others got caught up in the property wankfest and are feeling the heat now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

agreed, to me he comes across as a cheap salesman in a cheap suit.

He is. One of the (illegal) attraction tactics he uses in Dublin is drenching the dealership building in fabric banners, along with a few out on the roads - in breach of planning byelaws in Dublin. Then he opines on the Apprentice about hin-teg-gritty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Sarah Newman. Wasn't she the one who didn't actually invest in anything when she was on the programme?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

He can go back to getting up at 4 a.m. and selling apples or whatever it is he's always ****eing on about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Tight Tv3 feckers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Sort of sad to hear its been axed as it was entertaining watching a bunch of smug wannabes being booted off each week. Although i wont be sorry not seeing that botoxed facelifted aul bag jackie lavin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Is Bills last apprentice not running an auction(a new one) in Toughers? There's a big trailer with a picture of Bill, the Lackeys and the beaming apprentice on it. Hardly the most original idea but might work. Not quite the high glamour promised by the original programme either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

Bill Cillen is an absolute condescending egomaniacal horrible shit talking fat faced little cunt. Who's mistress looks like my arsehole first thing on a money morning after 12 pints of Guinness and a curry. Absolute wanker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭Svetti Arss

"Where's the passion"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

CJC999 wrote: »
    Although i wont be sorry not seeing that botoxed facelifted aul bag jackie lavin.
    I hear that Jackie looked very surprised when she heard that the show was dropped. But then again, Jackie looks very surprised all the time anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Bill Cillen is an absolute condescending egomaniacal horrible shit talking fat faced little cunt. Who's mistress looks like my arsehole first thing on a money morning after 12 pints of Guinness and a curry. Absolute wanker.
    Get off the fence and tell us what you really think

• Advertisement
Advertisement