Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannonbridge Netted??

Options
  • 16-05-2012 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

I dont know if this is just hearsay or not...
    But a mate of mine was telling me that that shannon around shannonbridge is being netted by foreign nationals...

I though tall this crap was over as a lot have gone home..
    The hot water stretch below the power station isnt fishing well at all , Not even skimmers coming out , mostly finger size gudgeon and roach :(

I dont know if it was reported or not , I hope it was...

One pissed off angler....another water ruined.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

Wouldn't surprise me, Portumna was netted recently by a crowd in Dublin Reg cars. Also photographed a couple of them catching eels and putting them straight on the bbq.

On a side note though is the station still producing hot water - I thought that station was not running for the past couple of years..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Its pumping hot water again this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

are you sure it was netted or do people think it was netted? every venue I fished this year has been very inconsistent. One evening i had 15lb of roach in little over 2 hours, went back last week and I blanked! The weather has been very cold for the time of year, might have a part to play in it.

If you see andbody poaching, report it to the IFI, only they have the power to fine people. We got 2 poachers fined this year on the suck in ballyforan. Were lucky in that since we started the club, we have got to know our local IFI officer fairly well. Also, we are keeping a close eye on the river since the club started!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 pollagh prince

Hi All,

I wouldnt jump to conclusions that the river is being netted, just because the catches are down.. clonfert and the suck, both beside shannonbride are fishing well, and i have seen the fisheries on a jet-ski, by car and on a larger boat in this area recently, so im sure all is in hand.. until someone actualy sees a net in progress i wouldnt report it(chinese whispers effect)..tight lines!

Tbh im a bit unsure myself...all fisheries go through cycles and im probably gonna head down that way myself soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭cdublin

Lads, a number to put in your phone is the IFI poachers hotline.
    The number is 1890 347424

If you see any activity that is illegal, REPORT IT.
    Have good facts to hand, where its happening, what the activity is, who is carrying it out etc.

Detailsing this activity on forums like this won't stop it but consistently reporting it may have a positive impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jkchambers

I dont know if this is just hearsay or not...
    But a mate of mine was telling me that that shannon around shannonbridge is being netted by foreign nationals...

I though tall this crap was over as a lot have gone home..
    The hot water stretch below the power station isnt fishing well at all , Not even skimmers coming out , mostly finger size gudgeon and roach :(

I dont know if it was reported or not , I hope it was...

One pissed off angler....another water ruined.
    A 10 mile stretch of water here was the venue of the Final of the Kingspan National Pike Championships last Saturday. 54 of the countrys top pike anglers covered almost every inch of this water and no nets were reported and the catches were good.

Thanks john , good to see its fishing ok :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

cdublin wrote: »

Have good facts to hand, where its happening, what the activity is, who is carrying it out etc.

Detailsing this activity on forums like this won't stop it but consistently reporting it may have a positive impact.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

cdublin wrote: »

yeah have it in the phone since last yr some time, no harm making the call let them know at least!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement