Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dimensional Insight - Di-Diver - Business Intelligence

Options
  • 16-05-2012 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭

HI All,
    I'm new to this forum so if this is in the wrong forum can the mods please move.
    Recently changed jobs & now have access to BI app Di-Diver, altought not part of my role, i'm hoping to "play around with it" & maybe do a course part time on BI.No harm gaining further knowledge.
    Firstly i haven't programmed in years, a small bit on the AS400 back in the day, RPG to be specific.
    tech support after that, now involved in logistics.

So my question is how relevant is Di-Diver in the BI Market?
    is there jobs out there?
    anyone on here use it, is it easy to get up to speed with?
    and finally anyone care to recommend a part time course in BI.

Many thanks for taking the effort to reply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Gartner are always a good source on where the BI market is at

http://www.kdnuggets.com/2011/07/gartner-bi-market-share.html

I know a few companies in Ireland running Diver, but it's got a fairly small userbase. BI is a good area to get into, as long as you have the interest in it.

In recent years I've seen Microsoft's SSIS, SSAS and SSRS become really popular. They are part of the SQL Server Enterprise and new SQL Server BI editions.

Also have a peek on www.jobserve.co.uk and search for 'diver' on the keyword search.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭jfh

Thanks DublinWriter, i have kept an eye out of jobs with Diver experience & have never seen any, also a search of that website jobserve showed nothing.
    That's why i was asking how widespread usage was.
    That other site Gartner shows that the whole BI field is promising, so thanks for the link. Not sure if i have interest or not, but i'll play around with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭jfh

Anyone have any experience of the online part time masters in BI in ÌTB?
    reckon i might have to do some formal training.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

In recent years I've seen Microsoft's SSIS, SSAS and SSRS become really popular. They are part of the SQL Server Enterprise and new SQL Server BI editions.

I'm still researching tech for a project which I am officially starting Monday, I have been reading a bit about SSRS. Still finding it a little confusing..! What I was wondering can it be used to sit in and report in a .net MVC framework. Would it work well.? Or am I completely missing the point..?

Advertisement