Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cops giving tickets outside schools.

• 16-05-2012 2:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭

Have they nothing better to do.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Tickets for what?

Rugby, concerts, a raffel?

Ohhh a raffel. If you win the big teddy bear, give it to me please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

yeah, quit protecting our children from people who are speeding cos they are in a hurry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

I suppose it depends on what the tickets are for if it's the local Garda ball then maybe but if it's tickets for illegal parking then no, they are right to do it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

that's ok, I fap outside in my black transit van during school breaks and am not speeding so hopefully I won't get the ticket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Hootanany wrote: »

Good! From what I hear, idiots who are park wreckelssly when picking their kids up are more dangerous to the kids than the people they're tryign to protect them from.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Was it this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

Raffle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

parking tickets i persume?

davet82 wrote: »
    parking tickets i persume?

Genius Dave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Raffle.

When I get the teddy bear you can have it every other weekend and the second tuesday of the third week's full moon for pointing out my spelling mistakes.

I'm not going to go back and edit the post, I think people know I was spelling it in american indian french

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Park properly next time.
    Just because you're picking up your kids doesn't mean the rules of the road don't apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Hootanany wrote: »

no i got away ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ruralyoke

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Good! From what I hear, idiots who are park wreckelssly when picking their kids up are more dangerous to the kids than the people they're tryign to protect them from.

Too feckin' right.

Bloody orange faced white haired bints "parking", often double parked, in the middle of the road (without indicating of course) with every door of their 4x4 flung wide open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

When I was a kid, the only cars at the school belonged to the teachers. Kids either walked, cycled or got the bus. No wonder so many kids are obese. Fair play to the gardai, might make parents cop on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

What are 'COPS'. Maybe this is why you got a ticket.:)

Rabies wrote: »
    When I get the teddy bear you can have it every other weekend and the second tuesday of the third week's full moon for pointing out my spelling mistakes.

I'm not going to go back and edit the post, I think people know I was spelling it in american indian french

I guess we will see what the Judge has to say about access to the bear.

I was actually replying to the OP and it would seem that I was correcting your post but I wasn't.
    I have since read your post and am aware that you were using the American, Indian, French version. It is obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

cursai wrote: »
    What are 'COPS'. Maybe this is why you got a ticket.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Much easier to hassle tax paying parents than taking on absolute scumbags who race horses on dual carraigeways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Tickets for the Euros?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Genius Dave.

What do i win?

• Advertisement

Much easier to hassle tax paying parents than taking on absolute scumbags who race horses on dual carraigeways

Who ever said those people wouldn't be getting prosecuted. The Gardai don't send reports out to every concerned citizen in the country and update them on the latest prosecutions. Go down to the courthouse and have a look yourself when their cases come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

fair play to the garda

outside one of our local primary schools it is bedlam every school day morning and evening , its a main road , so the tail backs are huge

no dont get me wrong , i dont mind waiting for kids to get to school safely but jesus the parents at this school really take the piss ,
    so much so they have signs up 200 meters either side stating NO PARKING
    does it stop them , does it sh1t

now not only is it dangerous for the kids darting in and out of the traffic but drivers getting frustrated add to the danger

i would not mind, but a lot of the cars come from the estate AROUND THE CORNER - i jest not , less than 100 feet away is the entrance to my estate and the fat little fu2kers are ferried to and from school

so as i said fair ball to the garda - nothing else is working so slap parking fines and points on these ignorant parents

they would be the first to give out about bad parking AFTER little johnny/mary gets a belt of a car

dj jarvis wrote: »
    fair play to the garda

outside one of our local primary schools it is bedlam every school day morning and evening , its a main road , so the tail backs are huge

no dont get me wrong , i dont mind waiting for kids to get to school safely but jesus the parents at this school really take the piss ,
    so much so they have signs up 200 meters either side stating NO PARKING
    does it stop them , does it sh1t

now not only is it dangerous for the kids darting in and out of the traffic but drivers getting frustrated add to the danger

i would not mind, but a lot of the cars come from the estate AROUND THE CORNER - i jest not , less than 100 feet away is the entrance to my estate and the fat little fu2kers are ferried to and from school

so as i said fair ball to the garda - nothing else is working so slap parking fines and points on these ignorant parents

they would be the first to give out about bad parking AFTER little johnny/mary gets a belt of a car

Exactly. Little fat johnnys mother will be the first to scream as her sons chicken leg snaps under a wheel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Tickets?
    That's not good enough. I want to see tow trucks and cranes to remove the deliberately abandoned vehicles and ensure my navigation and safety is not compromised by mobile steel cages on the footpath.

From what I heard at least one person has been arrested with more to follow.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/more-arrests-planned-after-harness-race-on-cork-mallow-road-550894.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

So the parents should get away with breaking the law because they are parents?

Not sure about that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

dj jarvis wrote: »
    fair play to the garda

+1

Especially when you get women drivers doing "6-point turns" in the middle of the road too.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Ah Jaaaaysus

ahjayus.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Much of a likeness in terms of priority, I would have said.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Gardai actually enforcing the traffic laws. Where will it all end?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

The consequences could be very far-reaching. Quite apart from the traffic bottlenecks that would be eliminated, if mammies are no longer allowed to drive right up to the school gates and quadruple-park at will while they drop their sprogs off, they may have to begin parking in a quieter place some distance away - perhaps even a few tens or hundreds of metres - and walk the little darlings to the school gates. This would go some way to encouraging exercise, thereby reducing the child obesity problem, and it would get some fat off the mammies arses as well.:D:D
    '

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Bad soccer mum, bad soccer mum. What you gonna do? What you gonna do when they ticket you?

So the parents should get away with breaking the law because they are parents?

Not sure about that one.

No of course not, only "tax paying parents" cause paying tax means you can't break the law of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jsd1004

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    Gardai actually enforcing the traffic laws. Where will it all end?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

The consequences could be very far-reaching. Quite apart from the traffic bottlenecks that would be eliminated, if mammies are no longer allowed to drive right up to the school gates and quadruple-park at will while they drop their sprogs off, they may have to begin parking in a quieter place some distance away - perhaps even a few tens or hundreds of metres - and walk the little darlings to the school gates. This would go some way to encouraging exercise, thereby reducing the child obesity problem, and it would get some fat off the mammies arses as well.:D:D
    '

I live near a school (Camillus Limerick) and some of the parking by parents is dangerous and shows no regard for others. Parking on the footpath on double yellow lines, parking on the road with hazards on to name but two. I wish the guards would enforce parking here but unfortunately not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭WolfgangWeisen

Delighted to hear the law being enforced.

The parents of the kids in the schools I pass on the way to work create havoc every single morning without fail. Bastards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

jsd1004 wrote: »
    I live near a school (Camillus Limerick) and some of the parking by parents is dangerous and shows no regard for others. Parking on the footpath on double yellow lines, parking on the road with hazards on to name but two. I wish the guards would enforce parking here but unfortunately not.

Have you written a letter to the local Superintendent demanding action?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Yes, I object to this.

Parking tickets should only be issued for illegal parking, and not take into account the socioeconomic status of the offender.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

I believe "tanks" have been used to great effect before?

http://swns.com/mayor-runs-over-illegally-parked-car-in-tank-021245.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jsd1004

snubbleste wrote: »
    Have you written a letter to the local Superintendent demanding action?
    Nope. I tend to stay clear of the gardai if at all possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

jester77 wrote: »
    When I was a kid, the only cars at the school belonged to the teachers. Kids either walked, cycled or got the bus. No wonder so many kids are obese. Fair play to the gardai, might make parents cop on.

I have a vivid memory of walking home one day with a couple of my friends who were neighbours. It was absolutely pissing rain. Pissing down on us the whole way home. We walked home having the laugh, jumping in enormous puddles and destroyed ourselves! It was great craic.

Both sets of parents had cars too - can't imagine those kids getting the chance to walk today :(

Gurgle wrote: »
    Yes, I object to this.

Parking tickets should only be issued for illegal parking, and not take into account the socioeconomic status of the offender.

but the travellers weren't parking they were racing :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Pappa Charlie

I think Gardai normally deal with Murders on mondays, rapes on tuesdays, assaults on Wednesday, drink driving on Thursdays, Parking on fridays, Domestics on Saturdays and Sulky racing on Sundays, clearly in your opinion tax payers should be exempt from the laws of the land and only be dealt with when every outstanding crime has been cleared up! Good man yourself we need more "thinkers" like you in this country to get us back on track!! :D

I think Gardai normally deal with Murders filling expense sheets on mondays, rapes collecting new workwear on tuesdays, assaults beating up prisoners in cells on Wednesday, actual drink driving themselves on Thursdays, Parking in driveways on fridays, domestics hassling homeless on Saturdays and Sulky racing on Sundays, clearly in your opinion tax payers should be exempt from the laws of the land and only be dealt with when every outstanding crime has been cleared up! Good man yourself we need more "thinkers" like you in this country to get us back on track!! :D

fyp

fyp

Are you a comedian? that was really funny!

Are you a comedian? that was really funny!

no im too busy avoiding the cops outside schools. aparently the op thought they had nothingbetter2do but i escaped ;)

no im too busy avoiding the cops outside schools. aparently the op thought they had nothingbetter2do but i escaped ;)

I'm sure you are that comedian from britains got talent, arent you? you have that same kind of wit (you know the eastern european guy). love the show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

cursai wrote: »
    Exactly. Little fat johnnys mother will be the first to scream as her sons chicken leg snaps under a wheel.

I'd say little fat johnny would scream first

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Dropping and collecting kids at school is becoming exceptionally dangerous these days.
    When it rains it becomes unreal....you wouldn't believe how some parents park and have the audacity to try to stare you down when you look at them disbelievingly.

I'd say little fat johnny would scream first

Nah little fat Johnny would be delighted with the attention he's gonna recieve from his lazy parent who Drives his fat arse to school everyday when all he wants is to spend time with his fat mother and talk to each other on the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

but the travellers weren't parking they were racing :D
    Therefore it would evidently be wrong to issue them with parking tickets.
    -edit- and how could you possibly know they were travelers, rather than local farmers?
    Or did you mean travelers in the sense that they were in motion at the time?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

To answer the original question: Yes, the Gardaí have many better things to be doing. They have murders, rapes, gangland violence, drug dealing and all kinds of really nasty stuff to deal with. Unfortunately a whole bunch of selfish f*ckers think that the rules shouldn't apply to them, and so they cause chaos outside schools every morning and waste valuable Gardaí resources that could be better used on something else.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement