Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get to the airport from Heuston Station

Options
  • 16-05-2012 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, I have to be at Dublin Airport (the Radisson to be precise) at 11am on a Saturday morning (Saturday week to be precise). I'll be getting the train up to Dublin, trying to figure out what time train to get.

There's a train due into Heuston at 10:05, would this give me enough time to get to the airport? And what's the easiest/cheapest/quickest way there?

Thanks in advance all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

dulpit wrote: »
    Hey, I have to be at Dublin Airport (the Radisson to be precise) at 11am on a Saturday morning (Saturday week to be precise). I'll be getting the train up to Dublin, trying to figure out what time train to get.

There's a train due into Heuston at 10:05, would this give me enough time to get to the airport? And what's the easiest/cheapest/quickest way there?

Thanks in advance all.

Easiest and cheapest seems to be, http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/7471/.

It seems this bus takes an hour, I'd imagine it would be quicker on a saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

If you thought that you wouldn't make it in that time and got an earlier train, you could get the luas to abbey street and then the 16 bus from O'Connell street. Or you could walk to George's street, about 15 minutes.The 747 is €6. 16 bus would be 2.45 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Might just take the earlier train, it's for a 2 hour Open University tutorial, so can't really be late for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Slunk wrote: »
    . Or you could walk to George's street, about 15 minutes.The 747 is €6. 16 bus would be 2.45 I think.

It's more like a 30 minute walk to Georges St, it's over 2 kilometres from Heuston

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Do the reliable thing. Arrive by train, hop on the LUAS (every 4-5 minutes) to Connolly and get a taxi through the tunnel to the airport.
    That way you know you'll be there when it matters.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Get the earlier train and then the Airlink - you will be there in plenty of time. No rushing, no dodging 'characters' on the LUAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markest

Aircoach goes from Cork to Dublin Airport. Takes 3.5 hours according to website.
    http://aircoach.ie/

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Giving yourself 55 minutes would be cutting it very close, unless you went via a taxi. If it was during the week I'd offer to bring you up (not working has me bored and doing lots of voluntary work!). If its an 11am lecture, you're really only giving yourself 40 minutes so you've time to settle. Get the earlier train and you won't be stressing. Plus, Irish rail may have 'issues' and end up running late.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

If you need to be at a meeting at 11. I would be arriving in dublin at 9 if i am using public transport. Even on a saturday. Get the luas to o connel street and get any of the 41's to the airport. Check they are going. If they dont they will be 10 mins walk from the airport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Cheers all, I'll be getting the earlier train alright... (dose, but has to be done)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

get the airlink from heuston station,handier and less hassle of having to go to the city centre.think its 6e and will be about half an hour drive to the airport.

theres a courtesy bus to the radisson in the coach car park at the airport.i did the same trip a few times last year and thats always what i did,was handy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

If you are getting the airlink its 6 euro,you would be much better off getting a 1 day rambler for 6.20.This will do you on all Dublin buses for the day.Cant get cheaper than that.

I don't think you can get them from the driver but I am sure you can pick them up in Heuston.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

anplaya wrote: »
    get the airlink from heuston station,handier and less hassle of having to go to the city centre.think its 6e and will be about half an hour drive to the airport.

theres a courtesy bus to the radisson in the coach car park at the airport.i did the same trip a few times last year and thats always what i did,was handy.

The Airlink route has changed a few months ago from heuston(bus cutbacks and all that).
    The airlink used to fly out to airport along the quays and the tunnel but the last tme I took it from heuston it took nearly 50 mins via Christchurch Dame St and didn't take the tunnel. It;s still probabbly your best bet but if you have to be there by 11 on the dot then I would take a taxi too amd I'm normally not abig fan or user of taxis!

Advertisement