Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NIB changes to Easy accounts

Options
  • 16-05-2012 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

NIB are switching all 'Easy' accounts used for servicing a mortgage to 'Loan Servicing Accounts'.

These new accounts will only permit transactions relating to the mortgage or associated insurances . Tax Relief at Source (TRS) cannot be paid in to a third party account and the only method of withdrawal is via Standing Order. Considering the monthly TRS credits are variable, it would not be possible to withdraw the funds in this way.

Has anyone taken issue with NIB over this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Yorky wrote: »
    NIB are switching all 'Easy' accounts used for servicing a mortgage to 'Loan Servicing Accounts'.

These new accounts will only permit transactions relating to the mortgage or associated insurances . Tax Relief at Source (TRS) cannot be paid in to a third party account and the only method of withdrawal is via Standing Order. Considering the monthly TRS credits are variable, it would not be possible to withdraw the funds in this way.

Has anyone taken issue with NIB over this?

I have a custody account with NIB and enquired about the sitation if closing my current account. I was told the current account would switch to a service account and I would not have internet banking on it (but I might be able to see the balance). To withdraw funds, I could request a cheque!!

Advertisement