Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barrel Temp

Options
  • 16-05-2012 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

811e5143.jpg

Got this for €40 in a chemist. Measures temperatures using a laser of people or objects like baths, bottles, rifle barrels :),  mods :) etc 

Always wondered how long to wait between shots to get a cold bore zero. 

I'll have to field test it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Thanks for the idea. I'm heading to the Pharmacy to sort one out.

What is the maximum temperature they can read?

I figure since we shouldn't get more than 40C, did the software people cut it off for higher temps?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭ssl

FISMA wrote: »
    Thanks for the idea. I'm heading to the Pharmacy to sort one out.

What is the maximum temperature they can read?

I figure since we shouldn't get more than 40C, did the software people cut it off for higher temps?

The tech specs state the range is 0-100.0 C in object mode. Body mode 34-42.2 C. It's a prity cool piece of kit. It stores last 30 readings. Accuracy +/- 0.2C.

I've a very light barrell on my cz 550. Barrell was 10.9 C and mod ns-s3 12.1 C pre zero. 6 round zero = barrell 15.7 C. Didn't check the mod.
    Forgot to shoot it after it cooled to 10.9 C and to see how long it took to cool. Was letting it cool while zeroing the .22, then some bunnies came out to play so the science went out the window ;)

Advertisement