Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Terenure

Options
  • 16-05-2012 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Not sure if this is in the right spot of not, so feel free to move.

I have been offerred a job in Terenure, and am wondering about parking in the area. The office has none at all, and is on Rathfarnham Road side, just before the crossroads. I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any parking nearby that isn't obscenely priced or even better free!

I don't know the area too well, but any googling is providing very few, very expensive car parks. I don't live too far away, so can scope it out for myself, but just if anyone had any spots that maybe available 9 - 5.30 I'd be oh so grateful of a point in the right direction.

Thanks!
    gemi :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

If you don't live to far away, then why not walk or get one of the many busses.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You can park in many of the estates for free and walk down. Rathdown has some sections that are paid, but the roads not beside bushy park are free.

If I ever have to take the car halfway to work, I park in Rathdown drive. Just make sure you park legally - i.e. not on the yellow lines, not blocking anyone's access and not within 5m of a junction - as the clampers are often out there getting anyone who's parked illegally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I used to work in that area and parking was a huge problem. I ended up just taking the bus in the end. The locals have terrible problems with deliveries/bin trucks etc., because there are so many cars left parked outside their houses by people working locally. I noticed a few times when I was there very early some of the residents had taken to leaving their own cars outside their houses to help keep a space for deliveries. I know I wouldn't like that amount of cars parked on my own road so I understand their predicament. There is a public car park close to Terenure but you have to pay and would be too expensive for working hours. My recommendations, if you must drive, park legally, but I'd prefer to use the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭gemi

Thanks all!

It's a bit further than walking distance, and there is a bus a bit of a walk from my house that I do plan on getting eventually. It's more just for the first few weeks as I will need to have access to the car some of the days in the first while, and to get my barings with the area. I'll have to do some recon myself so, just wanted to make sure there wasn't some carpark I was overlooking more than anything.

Thanks again :)

Advertisement