Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uninstalled MS Trial, now got nuthin :(

• 16-05-2012 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Got myself a Samsung NF210 netbook a couple of years ago and was happily using MS Office Basic that was installed. Tried a trial version of MS Office Home which just expired. Uninstalled it, but now I don't even have the original trial version of MS Suite that came pre-installed. :eek:

Any idea where I can download the basic trial version for free? Not interested in open source alternatives. Googled etc and can't find anything.

Cheers :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

http://ninite.com/
    Tick Documents > Office 2007 (Trial) (And any other things you want to install), and run the downloaded installer, and it should(I haven't used it .. yet) install Office.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

You cannot download Office Starter edition. Your best bet now is to either buy Office or use something like LibreOffice which is excellent and free

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

MS office can be...acquired. By alternative methods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

You could back up all the files on your netbook and do a factory reset, you would retrieve your basic office configuration again but may lose some other programs if you do not have the keys backed up. You get a program like SIW to backup and license keys you have.

The problem was, once you updated/upgraded the basic version to 2007(trial) you installed over you basic and upgraded. From this point on the basic version was gone. When you uninstalled it meant everything.
    The above suggestion is the only way to get back your original configuration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

finality wrote: »
    MS office can be...acquired. By alternative methods.

And we prefer people not to talk about that. Please read the charter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Thanks for all the help guys. I followed the first suggestion so now at least have a working version of Office 2007, but I'll look at the open source suggestions too. Cheers! :)

Advertisement