Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

childrens tv

Options
  • 16-05-2012 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭

Greetings all, i was just sitting through an other episode of waybuloo it really is a load of nonsense, i don't mind most of the other shows on cbeebies and some of them are very good. So what children's tv annoys you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

My daughter never watches tv, I wish she would.

I cant stand any of it, id get her headphones if she wanted to watch it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Zingzillas :eek: crazy looking things.. nightmare material

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Mr bloody Tumble! Aaaggghhh...he's all over cbeebies! Thankfully my son never took much interest...he was more of an iggle Piggle fan....when he moved over to peppa pig and Ben and holly I was very happy though...fun for all the family! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Mr bloody Tumble! Aaaggghhh...he's all over cbeebies! Thankfully my son never took much interest...he was more of an iggle Piggle fan....when he moved over to peppa pig and Ben and holly I was very happy though...fun for all the family! :D

Mr Bloody Tumble is right, I especially hate the sketchs where he plasy the diner guy, horrific.... Saaayyy whaaat happened to you??:confused: drives me potty.

i love Ben and Holly too

For me the worst part about kids tv is the ads , drives my guy up the wall...both from seeing action type characters that he is too young for and wanting every toy going:rolleyes: which is why ceebeebies is a winner for us.

Also on Madeline on tinypop the nuns freak me out a bit...also why is tinypop on 24/7??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

As an aside...

Its generally been found that kids watching tv before the age of 2 has an impact on their speak development.
    Research is saying that kids don't equate the voice they hear on tv with language and speaking.

http://www.livescience.com/16586-tv-viewing-young-children-media.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Oh no, my girls love Mr. Tumble, my eldest actually learned some Makaton from it!

I HATE, HATE, HATE Yo Gabba, Gabba! Scary stuff that.

THe kids love Mr Tumble, he just reminds me of someone. :o.
    It's funny my son and my nephew often try to sign words really cute.
    Or they say 'you say......' cracks me up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

mr tumble doesnt bother me so much but its his creator justin and justins house that really gets me

bad experience with childrens entertainers when I was younger and also when I go down to the OH's family home they are all into musical am-dram so its an all singing all dancing affair, like an episode of glee but the singing leaves a lot to be desired and the jazz hands are frantic and i just want to kill myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

I agree completely about the waybuloo's, such utter tripe! In the night garden isn't much better. I would have imagined stuff like waybuloo's is possibly counter productive to speech development the way the characters use alternative words for things, such as calling the children "Cheebies" (sp?) in it.

That said, my daughter *loves* Timmy Time & they bleat/purr/bark & she hasn't started talking like that yet :D

Yes...its not mr tumble the show....its the guy who plays him...he's on everything. His voice is even on one of the vtech toys! The clown smile, they funny faces grrr

There used to be a show on where they did dance moves...can't remember the name of it...but we had great fun doing the routines.

Did anyone else notice most of the voices on peppa and Ben and holly are the same? And king thistle is Owen the builder from corrie? Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Ya cant beat the baby channel, the 2 that can wander of will while me, my wife and our newest almost end up hypnotised by it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Mine love baby tv too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

There used to be a show on where they did dance moves...can't remember the name of it...but we had great fun doing the routines.

Hi 5?

my 2 year old daughter loves

mickey mouse clubhouse (although she is kind of out growing this its boring her now she can count to 30 forwards and backwards,)
    Jungle Junction
    rugrats
    spongebob squarepants
    animaniacs
    tiny toons
    Blues clues (although she is out growing this too)
    Barney and friends (kill me now :( )

i don't mind watching jungle junction spongebob, rugrats, animaniacs, and tiny toons with her i still enjoy them,

i cannot STAND barney! i still remember all the songs as they are exactly the same as when my sister was small and she used watch the videos 24/7! :eek: :(

Ah hoodwinked...how can you let her watch Spongebob! Does it not wreck your head? :D

Just googled, it was Boogie Beebies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭liamhana

Mr Tumble - I think its fecking brilliant; the sign language, work with kids with disabilities & the skits are reasonably funny. 4yr old Son loves it.
    Our house collectively hates zingzillas,
    Igglepiggle/upsy daisy (never thought I'd type those words) can take or leave it, usually leave it & turn to Scooby doo & anything scary ....a 4 yr old who loves being scare shi....less,, mind you Merlin nearly caused a meltdown!
    He loves The big bang theory...but I think thats just to not go to bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

baby Jake and thomas the tank engine are firm favourites in my house little fella so desperately wants to sing to the songs get a few of the words out and the dancing is just too cute :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

oh the joys! my son loves anything with fighting in it, scooby doo is top of the charts in this house, batman, spiderman, ben10, transformers, fight fight fight.
    little miss is into angelina ballerina, peppa, mike the knight.
    they will watch anything but as we only have rte/tg4 they are limited.
    I love yo gabba gabba, i use the songs all the time to get them to do things (you cant always get what you want, and it dont help if you keep on asking is very useful)
    I am dreading the rte summertime movie 'treats' - endless barbie movies, and old seventies kids movies. shocking stuff. will actually have to get out of the house this year ;-)

Haha bless lynski....my guy tries so hard to get into spiderman and Batman but he really finds it tricky. He has a ben10 comic that he loves, and I've seen the merchandise everywhere but I've never actually seen the cartoon.

Yes...its not mr tumble the show....its the guy who plays him...he's on everything. His voice is even on one of the vtech toys! The clown smile, they funny faces grrr

Did anyone else notice most of the voices on peppa and Ben and holly are the same? And king thistle is Owen the builder from corrie? Lol

Morag from Home and away is on Milly Molly on tinypop:D

Haha bless lynski....my guy tries so hard to get into spiderman and Batman but he really finds it tricky. He has a ben10 comic that he loves, and I've seen the merchandise everywhere but I've never actually seen the cartoon.

my guys have only ever seen it ás gealige so they don't understand a word of it! hehe
    we were watching tg4 the other day - raining and so tired from teething baby - bad day - anyway this thing was on winx 640px-Bloom_and_the_winx_3d.jpg
    the characters were just so awful looking - all the provocative posing, bare midriffs,pouty lips, hair flicking, and all. i was even more bewildered then usual watching tg4. horrible, hate it when the characters in childens programems are too grown-up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Those fairies look like lapdancers with wings :eek:

Yeuch on the 'lovely' fairy types, looks dreadful:eek:

Those fairies look like lapdancers with wings :eek:

exactly! and in the show i saw the costumes were crop 'safari' style with pockets on the front to add emphasis to their already pert breasts.
    and they spend the entire time pushing their hips out and posing. shudder. and there is worse - there is a second set of like 'baby' or 'doll' fairies that are supposed to be smaller like toddlers about also in the crop top shorts combos.
    will not be watching that again.
    almost as bad as the bratz dolls

Advertisement