Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Advise

Options
  • 16-05-2012 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all , been following the thread 4 a wile and finally decided to post !

I'm headin to Oz on the 28th January but stopping off in Thailand for 3 weeks first !

The flights in total were 594 and visa with sayit was 240 !! Flying to amerstam then on Bankok : before moving onto Sydney !

1. Is 594 a good price for the flight ?

2 is it ok just to book a 1 way flight ? Any issues with immigration on arrival ??

3. From the FAQ section it suggests u need 5000 aussie dollar upon arrival ? Are they strict on this ? I will hopefully have 3500 or 4000 when arriving ? Will a credit card be accepted as proof of additional funds !

Any help that people can offer is greatly appreciated !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

1. Yes.
    2. One way flight is fine.
    3. Highly unlikely you will be asked about funds, have yet to meet a single person that has but you just need to prove access to money so cc is fine. However 3500 is pittance in Sydney and unless you have job and accommodation sorted I'd advise bringing a lot more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Spudj2

jackbhoy wrote: »
    1. Yes.
    2. One way flight is fine.
    3. Highly unlikely you will be asked about funds, have yet to meet a single person that has but you just need to prove access to money so cc is fine. However 3500 is pittance in Sydney and unless you have job and accommodation sorted I'd advise bringing a lot more than that.

Thanks a million for this !

Booked flight and visa today ..

That's 3500 euro so I reckon we will be fine !! Have free accimadation lined up for the first 2/3 weeks upon arrival !

Sayit were very helpful and seem a lot cheaper than the rest - would highly recommend them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Spudj2 wrote: »

That's 3500 euro so I reckon we will be fine !! Have free accimadation lined up for the first 2/3 weeks upon arrival !

Sayit were very helpful and seem a lot cheaper than the rest - would highly recommend them

You say "we" dose that mean that you have 3500 euro between two of you or each? It is a lot of money but for two people to live on in an expensive place like Australia its not as much as it sounds.

Also no one should pay a company like Sayit for visa's, bank accounts sim cards or anything like that. It is so simple to do all of that yourself that any money you spend paying a company to do it is a real waste. If you look through here you will find all that info on how to get them no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Spudj2

Doc wrote: »
    Spudj2 wrote: »

You say "we" dose that mean that you have 3500 euro between two of you or each? It is a lot of money but for two people to live on in an expensive place like Australia its not as much as it sounds.

Also no one should pay a company like Sayit for visa's, bank accounts sim cards or anything like that. It is so simple to do all of that yourself that any money you spend paying a company to do it is a real waste. If you look through here you will find all that info on how to get them no problem.

Hi Doc ,

Thanks for your response.

Apologies for not being clearer - there is 2 of us going both with 3500 each !! This visa included no extras e.g tax number and bank account ! The FAQ's on this made it clear that these were free !
    From reading this forum it would suggest that the average price of getting the visa by your self is 220 so I believe it is well worth the extra 20 ( 240) for an experienced provider who is doing this on a daily basis to carry out the application.

Thanks

Advertisement