Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC Visa Payment - Bank Mixup

Options
  • 16-05-2012 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Alright lads,

Sent the mother into AIB two weeks ago to make the electronic bank transfer (110 euros) with all the payment codes and details. Still haven't heard anything back from the embassy so I got her to check with the bank this morning. Turns out the bank teller left out the last three digits of the WTN number...

So that was 15 days ago I got the conditional acceptance and I paid 2 days later, but seeing as they don't know who sent the money and my application is now 3 days past the 12 days that you're supposed to pay, what are the chances that my visa doesn't get rejected? Freaking out at the moment. I've sent them an email today showing proof of payment etc and my IMM1295 form again.

Anyone ever dealt with this kind of thing before?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DaveDaRave1

You really should of emailed them straight away, why did you wait so long?

If you included the reference that the bank teller did put on transfer in the email they should be able to match it up so long as its not to late and they haven't chucked your application.

Failure to pay on time results in an automatic and irreversable rejection and, obviously at this stage its too late to ammend the payment/make another one so just cross your fingers and hope for the best.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 13 groyle

I got the email to pay on the 1st, it got paid on the 3rd. When I mailed them on the 3rd with my IMM1295 form I also stated that payment was just made. I emailed them on the 7th asking for confirmation that payment was recieved and I have still heard nothing back? I've been emailing them every day the last three days and still have heard nothing back - even marked the email as urgent.

It was the last three digits of the reference number that got cut off - disaster, i know. I havent gotten any emails from them saying that I have 4,3,2 days left to pay either so maybe they did get it? I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Surely for something so important you would have taken care of it personally? It's strange that you got your mom to do it. Lesson learned I suppose.

If you haven't heard anything in the next two weeks i would assume it's been rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tia Ni Chlerigh

If anyone else feels the treatment they have received from IEC over Visa applications this year is disgraceful please comment on this article from today's Irish Times and there might be a chance that they will get back to those of us still waiting: http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/gene...-visas-filled/

Advertisement