Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baroness

Options
  • 16-05-2012 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

Any one into them? They have a new album(double album) Yellow and Green out on the 27th of July. They released a single yesterday. Wasn't really impress with it myself, very different from the other two albums, but I'm still hopeful that the album will be good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Baroness are a great band, I'd be surprised if they put out a stinker. I hadn't realised they had new stuff coming out though.

Loved the Red Album, something along those lines would do nicely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

yeah great band, I'm interested to see how the whole new album turns out! Red Album was fantastic! Also their first EP is a scorcher!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

Any one into them? They have a new album(double album) Yellow and Green out on the 27th of July. They released a single yesterday. Wasn't really impress with it myself, very different from the other two albums, but I'm still hopeful that the album will be good.

I have to respectfully disagree, i thought the new track was great. It is different thought for sure which i am excited to hear.

Baroness and Periphery out in the same month. I feel spoilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Second singles is out, really liking this one, think they hit a good mix between old and new.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Just saw this on the BBC news: two people were badly injured when Baroness' bus crashed today. The bus went off a viaduct near Bath in England, in the rain, and fell 30 feet. The other seven people on the bus had minor injuries and are also in hospital. They've cancelled the remaining dates on their European tour (which was to end this week). Hopefully they're all going to be OK. :(

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

I was disappointed with the new album, it just sounds messy and all over the place at times. I always dread it when bands release double albums as very few can really make the most of it, but it seems like in this case a single album should have done. Out of the two discs a think the Green one is better, it just grabs my attention that bit more. But overall the must just lacks the intensity and power of their earlier releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

Wasn't mad about the album on first few listens but it's really started to grow on me. Very different from the blue album, more proggy.

According to their facebook everyone's ok and getting ready to head back to America, thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

They've made a fantastically crafted album I think. They expand their sound palette and flex their muscles creatively without going completely left of field. I was hoping they wouldn't just churn out another album like the first two and they didn't disappoint.
    I think they've followed a similar route to Mastodon in the evolving nature of their sound - keeps me interested as well as them, so I can dig.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I heard them for the first time the other night, they popped up as a recommendation after listening to a couple of tunes on Youtube (you know when you're doing DIY and you feel the need for some Danzig but you've never actually bought an album? God bless you, internet phone!). I think I heard Horse Called Golgotha, Take My Bones Away and Isak. I liked what I heard and will be listening to more!

As a new-comer, where should I start?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Banjo wrote: »
    As a new-comer, where should I start?

Probably start with the red album as its their first album, then the blue record and then yellow and green. Red album is more metal, blue album has a good mix of heavy and softer songs and yellow and green is more of a rock album.

• Advertisement
Advertisement