Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brendan Rogers IS the new Liverpool Manager

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

Pep Guardiola
    NO RAFA OR MARTINEZ PLEASE!!!!!

Dont wanna get back to the situation we have been in the last 2 years.... Rafa and his stupid notebook and then martinez???

Really??? No way!!!

Martin O Neil all the way!! If he was appointed before Hodgson I bet we would not even have been in this situation solid manager with great knowledge of the game..... Would LOVE to see The Special One Though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Roberto Martinez
    Mick McCarthy could do a job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Redzer7 wrote: »
    I don't see the Pat Dolan option anywhere?

I think he's waiting to take over at Arsenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Paul Lambert
    sisco wrote: »
    NO RAFA OR MARTINEZ PLEASE!!!!!

Dont wanna get back to the situation we have been in the last 2 years.... Rafa and his stupid notebook and then martinez???

Really??? No way!!!

Martin O Neil all the way!! If he was appointed before Hodgson I bet we would not even have been in this situation solid manager with great knowledge of the game..... Would LOVE to see The Special One Though

Good god! no! no no no no!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

-Ade- wrote: »
    *Sees Klopp and Bielsa being mentioned yet again*

I'd have voted for Paul Bearer btw if anyone cares.

Mr. Fuji ftw!

Already proven he can manage the big guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

There's only one man for the job really:

Steve-Bruce-Sunderland-001.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

Pep Guardiola
    markie29 wrote: »
    Good god! no! no no no no!!!

GOOD GOD NO?????

Why not??? You one the fellas looking for rafa back???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

AVB has a philosophy that I think we would want.

IMO there is a massive clear out happening for a long term plan to be introduced.

Patience is required over the next couple of seasons if you follow LFC, but unfortunately we are not renowned for that .

As long as I know that there is a philosophy and plan in place over the medium term then I happy .

No flavors of the month please.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Mr. Fuji ftw!

Good choice. He'd be able to trip up opposition wingers with his cane when the ref isn't looking.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Paul Lambert
    aaronh007 wrote: »
    Mr. Fuji ftw!

Both are excellent heel managers, maybe a co-manager/faction could be formed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No it's not.

The top tier managers wouldn't touch off the job with a barge poll. They haven't finished higher than 6th for 3 years now and were 37 points off top spot this season.

They are no longer the draw for world class managers or players that they once were, that is a fact.

Theyll most likely hire Martinez, Rodgers etc.

Would you say the same for Milan between 2005-11?

Roberto Martinez
    Even Martin O'Neill would be a good option..he's definitlely have them challenging for top 4 positions. no doubt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

sundula wrote: »
    Henry is into the whole Money Ball way of doing things, prehaps with this in mind he may go for Brad Pitt.

If he goes the Moneyball route......it will be Phillip Seymour Hoffman coming in.

On a serious note......I'm a Liverpool fan and it terrifies me to see Rafa linked again at such short odds.

Any man who has 'sold Xabi Alonso' on his CV should be told "We'll be in touch".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Jurgen Klinnsman
    I'd have voted for Paul Bearer btw if anyone cares.

I thought he was dead? The Undertaker killed him years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

Has to be....

10_24409t.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Would you say the same for Milan between 2005-11?

Is this a piss take?

Milan won the Champions League in 2007 and were regularly competing in the competition.

Liverpool haven't won a league title in over 20 years and have finished 8th, 6th and 7th over the last 3 seasons.

Milan are streets ahead of Pool in terms of being a top club, there is no comparison.

Is this a piss take?

Milan won the Champions League in 2007 and were regularly competing in the competition.

Liverpool haven't won a league title in over 20 years and have finished 8th, 6th and 7th over the last 3 seasons.

Milan are streets ahead of Pool in terms of being a top club, there is no comparison.

Ah hello!!!!!

Do I need to remind you that Liverpool won the final in 2005 and got to final in 2007. Got to semi final in 2008.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Louis Van Gaal
    Is this a piss take?

Go back one more year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Rafael Benitez
    stevey1.jpg

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Both are excellent heel managers, maybe a co-manager/faction could be formed.

Like Ged and Evans... I like where this is going

Perhaps we could involve Paul Heyman, get a trifecta going. Paul E. as PR guy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Ah hello!!!!!

Do I need to remind you that Liverpool won the final in 2005 and got to final in 2007. Got to semi final in 2008.
    Go back one more year.

its best to ignore willy for your own sanity

I don't know how the Undertaker hopes to ever compete with the Top 4 in the WWE again when he keeps killing his managers!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

Marcello Bielsa
    There is only one way to replace one scottish wing wizard and thats with another one.

Introducing...former Celtic winger....and all around scottish type guy..

Steve-Kean-007.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Paul Lambert is not on the pole why?

Martinez would be a strange choice, Wigan sucked for most of the season, and most of last season, and most of..... there's a pattern here isn't there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Jurgen Klinnsman
    Liam O wrote: »
    A lot of Pool fans I've talked to seem to have a problem with Martinez, not sure why, I think he'll achieve big things with the first big job he gets.

Wouldn't he need a decent squad to achieve that aim?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Paul Lambert

Ah good times.

He was back the other day. Locked in a freezer. Recommend youtube searching it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Louis Van Gaal
    Paul Lambert is not on the pole why?
    Doen't look good in suspenders.

Ah hello!!!!!

And?

The fact is that they're a million miles from that level now and no world class manager is going to want to risk his reputation by going there.

They do not have the resources to compete with Man Utd, Chelsea and Man City in the long run. They are struggling to compete with Arsenal, Spurs and Newcastle ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

Marcello Bielsa
    Maybe Martinez will get it so he can bring in Diame and Rodellaga who are both free and save Liverpool a ton of cash or prehaps Henry is looking at the transfer fee's paid versus player performances and has thinks Martinez is the biz.

And?

The fact is that they're a million miles from that level now and no world class manager is going to want to risk his reputation by going there.

They do not have the resources to compete with Man Utd, Chelsea and Man City in the long run. They are struggling to compete with Arsenal, Spurs and Newcastle ffs.

I give up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Paul Lambert
    And?

WTF? They spent what LFC gave them for Carroll and Enrqiue, they do not have a pot of gold.

I give up!

And so you should if you really think Liverpool can attract world class managers like Mourinho, Guardiola, Klopp, Pellegrini etc.

I think they'll go for Martinez.

Roberto Martinez
    or..
    umbrellad.jpg

Andre Villas-Boas
    No Benitez or AVB.

Serious poll fail.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Andre Villas-Boas
    And so you should if you really think Liverpool can attract world class managers like Mourinho, Guardiola, Klopp, Pellegrini etc.

Of course they can, you're attempt at realism goes above and beyond anything that can be called reality.
    There are plenty of top managers who'll look at this job if it's on offer, I'm not saying we're going to take those particular managers but Villas-Boas and Capello are certainly not out of the question.

mike65 wrote: »
    WTF? They spent what LFC gave them for Carroll and Enrqiue, they do not have a pot of gold.

I never said that wasn't the case Mike, but are you saying that Pool definitely won't be struggling to compete with them over the coming seasons?

Main point still stands anyway, you won't compete with City, United and Chelsea on a consistent basis for the foreseeable future, the gap in resources is far too big. And because of that, a world class manager won't go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Andre Villas-Boas
    Of the realistic options available, Rafa is without doubt my preference.

I would have huge reservations about taking on an inexperienced manager like Martinez, and if we were going to take a risk I would prefer it to be on Paul Lambert.

I hope the fans will fully get behind whoever is appointed and give them every chance to succeed

Oh I bow to you oh great one

jam-bowing.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Andre Villas Boas for me...No 1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Paul Lambert
    Newcastle will not be an issue for LFC, they've had a great season but they won't be able to sustain it on the pitch I suspect and off the field Liverpool would always be able to out bid them. The Magpies recent success has been spotting talent and taking a punt not spending money.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Paul Lambert
    Like Martinez a lot but would not like to see him at LFC, yet. He needs a few more years and a better club than Wigan. I think its between Rafa and Villas-Boas. Would be happy with either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Andre Villas-Boas
    Can one of the mods please add Rafa to the poll.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Andre Villas-Boas
    Didn't know I could edit the poll :pac:

Done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Paul Lambert
    G.K. wrote: »
    Didn't know I could edit the poll :pac:

Done.

Now can you take Rogers and Martinez off?:pac:

Andre Villas-Boas
    To the utd fans on about Martinez, lets see if ye want him when Fergie goes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Brendan Rogers
    Guardiola or Mourinho for me. I would take Rafa back if we couldn't get either of those two managers.

Guardiola or Mourinho for me.

Good choices. You have an eye for talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Brendan Rogers
    kitakyushu wrote: »
    Good choices. You have an eye for talent.
    This is a massive club and I think either manager would relish the chance to work here. Mourinho in particular would be able to instill a real fighting spirit andd make Anfield a fortress that it once was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Marcello Bielsa
    This is a massive club and I think either manager would relish the chance to work here. Mourinho in particular would be able to instill a real fighting spirit andd make Anfield a fortress that it once was.

Guardiola is taking a break from football and Mourinho is staying at Real Madrid.

Forget about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Blatter wrote: »
    Guardiola is taking a break from football and Mourinho is staying at Real Madrid.

Forget about them.

There not the only reasons.

and I think he knows that
    Yea, Rafa is the only manager we have a chance at getting who I would have confidence in. He definitely won't be back. I say we stick with Kenny and end speculation as it's so destructive to this team.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement