Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brendan Rogers IS the new Liverpool Manager

1181920212224»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,583 ✭✭✭✭CSF

A few years??? Niall, he'll be gone by Christmas. He hasn't a bull's notion what he's doing.

We just got hammered by Villa and the guy starts talking about "linear" progress. Rodgers is the worst manager in the premier league, and by quite some distance. I'd sooner have Barry Fry or Neil Warnock or even Roddy Collins.

Rodgers should be sacked right now with his entire backroom staff. Everything Rodgers has done at the club should be reversed. Joe Allen may have potential, but he has to go because of his ties with Rodgers...the same way Poulsen had to go when Roy got the boot. There's no time to waste, Rodgers must be removed immediately in as heavy-handed an approach as possible. The owners must come out and admit they were wrong as ask for a second chance from Liverpool fans and the footballing public in general.
    Are you for real? This is easily the worst post I've seen about anything I've seen on the Internet ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

Most of the guys who don't want to give Rodgers time are the same guys who would have given Dalglish more time.

In no way shape or form did Dalglish deserve more time to do that job. He had been out of the game for years, is relatively old in managerial terms - particularly when he was being tasked with a rebuilding mandate - signed off on some of the worst signings Liverpool have ever made and handled some very serious off-field situations very poorly.

Dalglish was absolutely not the right man for the job and the only thing that stopped him from being slaughtered was what he had done for the club in the past, not what he was doing at the time.

So what Phlegmy, all that matters is that Rodgers is sacked asap and the club can set about reclaiming some dignity.

RODGERS OUT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

A few years??? Niall, he'll be gone by Christmas. He hasn't a bull's notion what he's doing.

We just got hammered by Villa and the guy starts talking about "linear" progress. Rodgers is the worst manager in the premier league, and by quite some distance. I'd sooner have Barry Fry or Neil Warnock or even Roddy Collins.

Rodgers should be sacked right now with his entire backroom staff. Everything Rodgers has done at the club should be reversed. Joe Allen may have potential, but he has to go because of his ties with Rodgers...the same way Poulsen had to go when Roy got the boot. There's no time to waste, Rodgers must be removed immediately in as heavy-handed an approach as possible. The owners must come out and admit they were wrong as ask for a second chance from Liverpool fans and the footballing public in general.

From the lad who said Martin O'Neill was a world class manager and a cut above Rafa this is comedy gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

rarnes1 wrote: »
    and yet you still watched 4 episodes....

Course I did, it's still interesting to see what goes on at a club and it's not all about B Rod.

On that note, if you haven't seen 'QPR: The Four Year Plan' then give it a look, some serious cockheads in that! :)

From the lad who said Martin O'Neill was a world class manager and a cut above Rafa this is comedy gold.

I don't deny that I've made some outlandish statements in the past but at least Martin O'Neill is a genuine football manager.

Brendan Rodgers is not a real manager. Has he even played football? Looking at his wiki, it says he was a gaelic footballer. He is the worst manager in the league and one of the most annoying men I have ever heard. People talk about David Brent, but remember that's just a comedy act. Rodgers is the real thing. Please someone end this nightmare now.

Andre Villas-Boas
    I don't deny that I've made some outlandish statements in the past but at least Martin O'Neill is a genuine football manager.

Brendan Rodgers is not a real manager. Has he even played football? Looking at his wiki, it says he was a gaelic footballer. He is the worst manager in the league and one of the most annoying men I have ever heard. People talk about David Brent, but remember that's just a comedy act. Rodgers is the real thing. Please someone end this nightmare now.

The jury is out on Rodgers since day 1 but saying Roddy Collins/Barry Fry would be a better choice just nullifies your point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Rodgers is a great manager. Liverpool have great players and joe allen has been an excellent signing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Andre Villas-Boas

Not sure how this is relevant?

rarnes1 wrote: »
    The jury is out on Rodgers since day 1 but saying Roddy Collins/Barry Fry would be a better choice just nullifies your point.
    It was obviously a joke about Roddy Collins and the others just to ram home the point about how crap Rodgers is.

Could anyone be called upon to steer us to respectability, just until the summer. I know the backroom days are gone, but could a Liverpool guy like Souness come in and take the wheel until may the way Rafa has done at Chelsea? Kenny, Hansen, anyone...just a 6 month gig.

Andre Villas-Boas
    It was obviously a joke about Roddy Collins and the others just to ram home the point about how crap Rodgers is.

Could anyone be called upon to steer us to respectability, just until the summer. I know the backroom days are gone, but could a Liverpool guy like Souness come in and take the wheel until may the way Rafa has done at Chelsea? Kenny, Hansen, anyone...just a 6 month gig.

Kenny was sacked 6 months ago, the owners would hardly take him back.

Souness was such a success first time around.

Hansen? Pass me the crack pipe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Oh Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Xavi6 wrote: »
    The Joe Allen squad number thing was the worst for me.

And then there's the hard on for Shelvey, the insistence on touching every young player's face/head, and the self portrait.

So yeah, I'm not a fan having watched it.

Theres many Liverpool fans who were not fans either but.....

The documentary was not made for your average Joe in the UK to watch, it was going to be cringeworthy regardless just by how it was set up (i can imagine any club doing it would be quite similar). It was made for a US audience who wouldnt know the first thing about football.

Incidentally, its my understanding the self portrait was a gift from a charity he worked for and not some dictatorial statement about himself.

A lot of us are under no illusions as LFC fans, some of us recognise these owners are out of their depth. Appointing a man with such little EPL experience and then putting a microscope up his hole for the first 4 months of the job in the form of a TV 'docu' is appalling naivety in one sense, but in their minds they are just trying to increase awareness of the club and secure more US based fans for the club in the grand scheme.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

The title of this thread was "Brendan Rogers IS the new Liverpool Manager" several months ago but it being bumped now and the discussion thats taking place will only turn this into a "are brendan Rogers & Liverpool done thread" and there is no need for that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement