Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mira Elite - Loud Noise / Constant Drip

Options
  • 16-05-2012 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi All,

Wondering if people can help. Have a Mira Elite Electric shower in the house. Was there when we moved in two years ago and at a guess I'd say it had been there a few years already.

About two months ago the usual whirring sound was replaced by a roaring sound every time you turned it on. To be honest that didn't really bother me but a few weeks later that developed into a constant drip fromt the bottom right hand corner of the unit.........even when the shower was swicthed off.

Again that didn't bother me really although at this stage my missus was doing her nut. Now that leak has obviosuly worsened (yep my fault) and is leaking behind the bath...dunno how as it's not the same right hand corner leak that's getting in behind the bath and the seal looks ok. I took the front cover off and the motor is all blackened so maybe it is burning out??

So we now have the decorative board thing under the bath rmeoved with towels in under the bath itself. Now the leak isn't bad but it's drip drip drip and over the coruse a fww hours the towels woudl be soaked.

I think Iv've left it too long to simply fix it so probaby going have to replace it. Any one have any idea of a € cost to replace it or does it sound like it can be fixed???

Is it a plumber or a sparks who does the work? I always though a sparks would do an electric shower but people are teeliing me it's work for a plumber not a sparks!

Thanks all for any advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Sounds possibly like the pump/impellor failed and when you kept using it, it has damaged the pump housing or something similar. From my own perspective as a sparks, I have always installed the complete shower including plumbing, even when i was an apprentice (many moons ago:)). Other sparks may or may not do the plumbing.

A plumber replacing it just has to redo the connections to the new one, but in reality, i believe myself that the electrical supply to it should be checked that all is up to standard when replacing a shower, which requires an electrician to do properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Time2GetFit

Thanks Robbie - any idea of a ball park to replace like with like if new shower etc was required?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Thanks Robbie - any idea of a ball park to replace like with like if new shower etc was required?

It could vary but a very rough guess would be €100 or a little less maybe to get someone out to do like for like if you have the new one. But as i say, it could vary a bit from that.

Advertisement