Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VF5 demographic - PS3 or X360?

Options
  • 16-05-2012 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I'm looking forward to the release of VF5: FS early next month so I'll be playing this quite a lot. I'll add a Virtua Fighter column to the online Irish players list but to gauge the interest, what do you play VF5 on? PS3 or X360?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'll be playing on PS3 most likely.

However, considering how cheap it is you can always buy it on the other network in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Id buy it if I didnt already have regular VF5 on PS3 and never put an serious time into it. Shame, I loved VF4 Evo to death on the PS2.

If I do get it it till probably be on 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

I wouldn't really like to buy it on multiple systems. I just feel like its a waste of money to own the game on both systems if they'll be the same. Ofcourse, with VF5: FS, you can get it a day earlier on PSN than on XBL but I'm not really pushed, a day doesn't make that much of a difference.

I'm more tempted to get the X360 version though because usually, when it comes to what game gets what first, X360 games tend to have their DLC released earlier than on PSN (with a few exceptions ofcourse like Battlefield 3). Also, after having read about the lack of respect that Sega AM2 has for PS3 users by not releasing the Ver. C update for VF5, it kind of makes me worry that something along the same lines could happen with FS. It won't be the same but as in there will be a delay between each version's updates. So say, if update 1.01 is released for the X360 version, maybe the PS3 version will get the update a week or two later, that sort of thing.

Something that does work into the PS3 version's favour is the player standard. Its common knowledge that a lot of kids play on XBL with few exceptions and with PSN, the gamers there are usually more mature. I also assume that the majority of Japanese players would play on PS3 because its simply a Japanese system with a loyal fanbase. Again, in my case, it probably wouldn't matter if my connection is slow anyway, its not worth playing against them.

Decisions, decisions :pac:

Anyway, I've added two more columns to the Irish player list for VF5 and VF5: FS so add yo' selves!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

You could buy it on both systems for less than the cost of a regular new release and have access to all players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I'll be getting it on 360 but honestly it's hard to see it surviving any amount of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Geckolimus

I'll buy it on 360 and all the DLC on day 1 just to support Sega for making such an epic game. Its probably the most technical 3D fighting game ever made. Period.

Regards
    Gecko.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Geckolimus wrote: »
    Its probably the most technical 3D fighting game ever made. Period.

Stuff like this gets said about VF all the time, but I've never heard anyone explain why it's so much more technical than Tekken (I don't think it is.).

Can you give an explanation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

There's really no point in having 2 columns on the sheet, just clutters the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Interested in trying this out

Saw Shadaloo Showdown

Shun looks like a bastard to fight against

360 If I grab it

Advertisement