Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Defective apple ipod touch

• 16-05-2012 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I bought a new ipod touch at the beginning of November, 2011 and it has become defective in that the headphone jack is not working properly. If I plug the headphones fully in the jack I only hear through one earphone. If I take the headphone attachment out very slightly it plays through both, no good if you're on the move.

I brought it to the point of purchase and they would not help me and gave me two numbers for Apple. I called their 1850 number and although on the line 25 minutes no luck with them. They say the product is not covered by warranty although only bought new in november. I did express my extreme dissatisfaction and its the last apple device I will buy. Not that they care when selling the quantities they do.

They want 200e for a replacement. Unfortunately I have no receipt of purchase. Its the last apple product I'll buy and wasn't the first.

Any suggestions, thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

As long as you gave them the correct serial they should be able to see that the iPod is in warranty. Call them back and see if you have more luck with a different agent.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Apple don't usually mention warranty once it is obviously less than 12 months old, according to their system. If its bought new in November 11, then it is most definitely covered under warranty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,246 ✭✭✭✭flazio

If I recall correctly there's a warranty section in iTunes or on their site is there not?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

flazio wrote: »
    If I recall correctly there's a warranty section in iTunes or on their site is there not?

There is on their website, under the support tab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Something isn't right here. If its bought in Nov 11 they'll replace it no problem as long as it's not accident damaged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 MOVINONUP

Thanks for that all. Will follow up and see how I get on. Will let ye know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

Have you checked to see if there is any lint in the socket. If there is, get a paper clip and stick it in to pull out the lint. The headphones should work again

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MOVINONUP

Thanks for the advice. I contacted apple again and got on to the right person. The shop I purchased it in had a record of the purchase of November last through my account with them. Apple have accepted it and will provide a new one (or repair this one?) under the warranty. It was worth asking at the shop and Apple a second time.

Advertisement