Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Extras for season 3

• 16-05-2012 7:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭

They're looking for extras for the next season at

https://www.extrasni.com/news

I filled out the form anyway, it'd be good craic to even work a day or two on it.

Anybody else work on it before, or are hoping to do so this year? A guy I know played the young fella who got his leg cut off by Robb's hot nurse a few episodes back, which is pretty cool.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

whats a national insurance numbers? PPSN?

never mind, yeah its a PPS number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Don't you have to be a UK resident?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

just got an email back from them, and they said to put in your PPSN instead for the national insurance number

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

just have to get a scan or my passport and I'm good to go. Regret shaving my beard off now though all though I did mention I can grow a good one. *hint hint give me armour and a sword hint hint* :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Curse my mid-length hair that looks dyed even though it isn't :p good luck to those of you that apply!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Would love to do it but don't have the balls :(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I've signed up to the site, but does anyone know where you can register your interest for GoT? There's only the news article saying they'll be recruiting that I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭bobbyg

Son0vagun wrote: »

You'd be perfect so!

MALES:
    - with short length hair of every colour
    - with shoulder length hair of every colour
    - all hair lengths with and without good beards
    - with short blonde hair
    - with long dark hair & beards
    - sporty, strong & fit types
    - any male amputees

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mess_it

Damn, I thought it read Extras Season 3 was being made :confused:, ah well, another round of Game of Thrones ain't bad either

why not? its free, just send a pic and you might get to be around the set

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Neither does Varys but look at how well he's done :pac:

OctavarIan wrote: »
    Neither does Varys but look at how well he's done :pac:

hiyo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Applied for this. My chest level hair, huge beard and considerable size should hopefully net me a role as a disgusting perverted blacksmith :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Anyone know do you get much notice before you have to show up on set? Would have to take time off work if it's during the week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

i was going to go up last year but it said you had to be based in the north with a valid nis number, bastards i've cut my hair since and all.

still bearding it up though must regrow hair, when does season 3 start shooting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭tororosso

Where exactly is this being filmed??

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Doctor_Socks

A friend of mine did it last year and he was from Galway so doesn't look like they only hire people from the north. He looked perfect for a man of Winterfell though and had a good bit of acting experience though so that's probably what helped him! Here's hoping my long red hair and thick Galway accent make the cut, would love to be an extra on set!

Yea it says on the site you can be from the republic but you have to sort out your own transport and accomodation etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

ayatollah wrote: »
    i was going to go up last year but it said you had to be based in the north with a valid nis number, bastards i've cut my hair since and all.

still bearding it up though must regrow hair, when does season 3 start shooting?

You can substitute your PPS number for the NIS number, I've confirmed that with them. Season 3 shoots in July, costume fittings in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 omelettes

Does anyone know if the search for extras is still ongoing or would everything be finalised by now? Only found out about this recently and signed up but wasn't sure if I was too late or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

omelettes wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the search for extras is still ongoing or would everything be finalised by now? Only found out about this recently and signed up but wasn't sure if I was too late or not.

You can receive call-ups all the way up to November, filming starts in Northern Ireland in July but goes on until December. Get your photos in!

Anyone get called up yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭darklighter

Dave! wrote: »
    Anyone know do you get much notice before you have to show up on set? Would have to take time off work if it's during the week!

A lad I know was in the 1st episode this season.

Was a full day from early in the morning until late at night, got 25 quid for it. Said it was great criac and he'd do it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

^
    Thanks

Do you know how much notice he got before he had to show up on set? I'd have to give work a few days' notice if I need to take a day or two off!

25 quid isn't a lot, but I suppose it's the experience that would make it worth it. Back in the day I remember everyone saying extras got paid heaps for hanging around and doin nothing! Must be a sign of the times :D

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Dubhlinner

A lad I know was in the 1st episode this season.

Was a full day from early in the morning until late at night, got 25 quid for it. Said it was great criac and he'd do it again.

lads i know got between 60 and 100

Advertisement