Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hunting For Witches

• 16-05-2012 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭

In the '90's I was optimistic as a teen but now it's terror, airplanes crash into towers and the newscaster says the enemy's among us as bombs explode on the 30 bus; kill your middle class indecsion know is not the time for liberal thought.

The Daily Mail says the enemy's among us taking our women and taking our jobs (and eating our swans), the reasonable fool is being drowned out by the non-stop baying, baying, baying for blood. Disparate and misinformed fear will keep us all in place.

I was an ordinary man with ordinary desires and I watched TV and it formed me, there must be accountability.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Paedophiles are the new witches. It'll be the Muslim's turn next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Yeah, it's TV's fault.

Damn you, damn you all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

benwavner wrote: »
    Yeah, it's TV's fault.

Damn you, damn you all.

Ben - besides whining about the OP asking for advice, and wishing nuclear devastation on Brummies, do you have anything positive to contribute?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

A fan of Bloc Party, I see

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Confab wrote: »
    Paedophiles are the new witches. It'll be the Muslim's turn next.
    But when Muslim illegal immigrants go hunting paedophiles the Daily Mail implodes.

• Advertisement

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Ben - besides whining about the OP asking for advice, and wishing nuclear devastation on Brummies, do you have anything positive to contribute?

nlgbbbblth - besides whining about my post, do you have anything positive to contribute?

Please quote my "whine".

You will note my comment exactly was "Yeah, it's TV's fault. Damn you, damn you all".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

My spells are working! *cackle*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

benwavner wrote: »
    nlgbbbblth - besides whining about my post, do you have anything positive to contribute?

Please quote my "whine".

You will note my comment exactly was "Yeah, it's TV's fault. Damn you, damn you all".

Oops - I got confused with this thread and the thread about Threads on Zeta Minor. Sorry.

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Oops - I got confused with this thread and the thread about Threads on Zeta Minor. Sorry.

LOL

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Sir Bedevere: There are ways of telling whether she is a witch.
    Peasant 1: Are there? Oh well, tell us.
    Sir Bedevere: Tell me. What do you do with witches?
    Peasant 1: Burn them.
    Sir Bedevere: And what do you burn, apart from witches?
    Peasant 1: More witches.
    Peasant 2: Wood.
    Sir Bedevere: Good. Now, why do witches burn?
    Peasant 3: ...because they're made of... wood?
    Sir Bedevere: Good. So how do you tell whether she is made of wood?
    Peasant 1: Build a bridge out of her.
    Sir Bedevere: But can you not also build bridges out of stone?
    Peasant 1: Oh yeah.
    Sir Bedevere: Does wood sink in water?
    Peasant 1: No, no, it floats!... It floats! Throw her into the pond!
    Sir Bedevere: No, no. What else floats in water?
    Peasant 1: Bread.
    Peasant 2: Apples.
    Peasant 3: Very small rocks.
    Peasant 1: Cider.
    Peasant 2: Gravy.
    Peasant 3: Cherries.
    Peasant 1: Mud.
    Peasant 2: Churches.
    Peasant 3: Lead! Lead!
    King Arthur: A Duck.
    Sir Bedevere: ...Exactly. So, logically...
    Peasant 1: If she weighed the same as a duck... she's made of wood.
    Sir Bedevere: And therefore...
    Peasant 2: ...A witch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

OK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭Archeron

Grotbags walks among us!! (she should be pretty easy to spot though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

In the '90's I was optimistic as a teen but now it's terror, airplanes crash into towers and the newscaster says the enemy's among us as bombs explode on the 30 bus; kill your middle class indecsion know is not the time for liberal thought.
    If you turn off your tele and stop reading newspapers you'll never witness any of those things again.

Advertisement