Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night seizure worry,

Options
  • 16-05-2012 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

Hy boards. I have a question that I wanted to put to you. if anyone in the forums has experiences with Epilepsy, auto immune related Seizures or dreams about same I'd value an opinion.

About 7-8 years ago I suffered a once off Grand-mal Seizure which messed me up pretty badly. I was diagnosed with Epilepsy, however after going on very mild anti-seizure medication for a few months and having several check-ups, tests and scans (EEGs, CAT scans etc) nothing came up and the prognosis of Epilepsy was withdrawn. Now the entire thing is sort of forgotten about and I rarely think about it.

For a few months after the Seizure I had some pretty messed up waking dreams with sleep paralysis (which I put down to my body dealing with the trauma rather then them actually being seizures) and sure enough they too faded and disappeared.

Now last night I had a dream that felt like a pretty real "oh ****" moment, realer then the other ones I experienced after the actual seizure all those years ago.
    One the one hand, it could've been a dream, but on the other, the actual seizure elements of the dream felt a little to real for comfort. so now I'm in the difficult position of needing to decide wither the dream I had last night in which I had a seizure was just a nightmare for some unrelated reason, or a warning sign I shouldn't ignore which happened to happen while I was asleep.

I'd really appreciate the help of someone who knows a little more about experiencing seizures, versus experiencing waking dreams about seizures.
    The actual seizure I had all those years ago is no help to me since it was such a "Krakatoa" that my brain completely shut off and I was basically a 'gorilla' (awake and moving but no conciousness) for the first few hours after waking and then back down in a coma for an entire weekend.
    I remember nothing about it other then the accounts of people around me I don't even recall the beginning it was just a normal day then, I found myself waking up on a Monday night in a hospital bed. So I don't really have a measuring staff to cling too. I don't mind replies via PM or this thread. thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

When my daughter has seizures, shes often very tired the next day, Did that happen you.It might be worth talking to one of the team in Brainwave.They have a lot of advice.We found it very helpful to install a camera, its expensive but at least we found out wat was going on.
    Hope you feel better soon,Cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

hmm. the tired things is kinda of a yes and a no. I mean I did sleep in that morning, but it was a morning off in a busy week so it doesn't say much.

I think the general tip is probably worth remembering. If I'm graced with a similar experience I'll make sure to keep note wither or not I'm more tired then I ought to be.

Thanks for naming brainwave I had a search online for some sort of association but I didn't really get any Irish groups.

Advertisement