Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

factory .204 ammo

Options
  • 16-05-2012 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

hi guys just wondering what factory .204 ammo is available in ireland, i don't want people giving me links of differents types of ammo for sale in UK or US etc, i want to know what people have seen or bought in irish dealers, preferably in the munster/midlands area, all i ever hear about are hornady 32gr and 40gr and federal 39gr, what else is out there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭tomcat220t

ormondprop wrote: »
    hi guys just wondering what factory .204 ammo is available in ireland, i don't want people giving me links of differents types of ammo for sale in UK or US etc, i want to know what people have seen or bought in irish dealers, preferably in the munster/midlands area, all i ever hear about are hornady 32gr and 40gr and federal 39gr, what else is out there
    34gr winchester h/p ..Ger Smith ,Hebron Rd ,Kilkenny .
    45gr hornady s/p ..John Lambert ,camolin ,Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

cheers tomcat, have you used either round or how did you find them? or is the the 39gr federal the best of the factory ammo once the rifle shoots them

cheers tomcat, have you used either round or how did you find them? or is the the 39gr federal the best of the factory ammo once the rifle shoots them
    The 34gr have low b/c .167 but shot ok but not great in the wind even compared to the 32gr .Big hollow point for such a small round !
    The hornady 45gr b/c .245 shot well in my .204 .I was happy with them .
    The best ammo for the .204 is still the 39gr sbk ,imo.

are federal still making them, i'm just after noticing that they are not on the federal site and that they have a 40gr nosler ballistic tip instead:mad:

are federal still making them, i'm just after noticing that they are not on the federal site and that they have a 40gr nosler ballistic tip instead:mad:
    Nosler with a b/c .239 :eek:@3650 fps :eek::eek:
    Nosler make a great hunting head but on paper it no where a good as the 39gr sbk ,imo!
    This is all the more reason to get a 1/11 twist and shoot the 40gr hornady :cool:

• Advertisement

my rifle supposedly shoots the 40gr's well, i'll just have to wait and see when i get the license, will definately be buying up all the 39gr i come across

Advertisement