Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec fusion Security system

Options
  • 16-05-2012 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

I have one installed in my place last week it keeps coming up system fault and blasting d place out of it. Now even when it's turned off it still blasting the place out of it annoying the hell outta everyone. I have contacted the guy who fitted it but he's busy can't come up for next few days . It's only installed about a year now should it be broken already . Any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

I have one installed in my place last week it keeps coming up system fault and blasting d place out of it. Now even when it's turned off it still blasting the place out of it annoying the hell outta everyone. I have contacted the guy who fitted it but he's busy can't come up for next few days . It's only installed about a year now should it be broken already . Any ideas??

When you disarm the alarm, does it tell you what the fault is?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi Lucy its probably a tamper fault or a Panic or Fire zone.
    If your installer is that busy , get someone else to take a look .If its activating whether set or not you need it addressed sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭ladyjuicy08

altor wrote: »
    When you disarm the alarm, does it tell you what the fault is?
    Sometimes it says keypad other times it says restore fault

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It may be a connection or tamper issue with the keypad .

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭ladyjuicy08

KoolKid wrote: »
    It may be a connection or tamper issue with the keypad .

Any idea how to shut it up while waiting for someone to fix it

• Advertisement

Unless you want to totally power it down.
    To do this you need to turn odd the mains power.
    Open the panel & remove the mains fuse & disconnect the 2 battery leads. The keypad will now be blank & the external bell will ring.
    Close up the panel & turn back on the mains so nothing else is affected.
    The external bell will stop after around 20 minutes & it will give you no more trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Sometimes it says keypad other times it says restore fault

I had the same issue with one of these system about 2 months ago. Powering the system down and back up cleared the issue. I have not heard of any problems since.

Advertisement