Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arthurs quay park containers?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Raiser wrote: »
    ^
    |
    |
    |

Hmmmm - I think sar bear might be one too :eek:

So what if I was?!

Great job if ya can get it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

^
    |
    |
    |

Hmmmm - I think sar bear might be one too :eek:

And I think you're a pink fairy/unicorn hybrid*, see, we can all make unfounded claims!

*Sorry Mods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Dave, do you work for the Revenue Commissioners?

- Please PM me any scams, opportunities and loopholes I should know about!

Everyone, please continue to be friendly and civil to Dave, he is still a person after all.

On topic I reckon that yoke looks xcellent......

I do indeed, although any scams, opportunities and loopholes are kept for us public sector fat cats so apologies for that :rolleyes:

We'll beet em outta you while we are beating you for wanting to go to the icon :)

The Snipe wrote: »
    We'll beet em outta you while we are beating you for wanting to go to the icon :)

Icon?? Ohhh you mean d'icon :P

I don't know you Snipe, but I will get you in there some night, oh yes, it will happen :pac:

What's wrong with d'icon?!

Downstairs d'icon for the win :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

So here ya are folks, completed (i think) project ;)

205320.JPG

Ugly...

Hope to feck the counsel aren't handing over money for "art"

Ugly...

They should have tilted it to the right, made it a cross and charge the die hard christians to visit :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Ah lighten up would ye? Its a modern art exhibition, one of the few thing Limerick has going for it on the international map, and we haven't had big bold entries in it for years, we used to get crazy stuff about 10 years ago.
    "its ugly" ; who said art needs to be pretty?

They should have tilted it to the right, made it a cross and charge the die hard christians to visit :rolleyes:

Now now Dave!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

zuroph wrote: »
    Ah lighten up would ye? Its a modern art exhibition, one of the few thing Limerick has going for it on the international map, and we haven't had big bold entries in it for years, we used to get crazy stuff about 10 years ago.
    "its ugly" ; who said art needs to be pretty?

my problem with it Zuroph is that its hard to interpret beyond 'somebody dumped a couple of scrap containers into arthurs quay park, and look at the way they fell, it looks like an X'.

i get that it's abstract art, but its too 'simplistic' and industrial for anyone to interpret it as anything other than a few containers that dropped from a cargo plane and accidentally landed in arthurs quay park.

there's not even any attempt to make it look like there was any creative thought or process went into it whatsoever. it exemplifies a negative impression of limerick as cheap, tacky, thoughtless, lazy, lack of imagination or innovation... i could go on.

art doesnt need to be pretty, but it helps if its at least if the artists idea is accessible to the masses, to further their understanding of the concept. this monstrosity was just randomly dropped in a public place with no clue as to why it was there.

i dont see this putting limerick on the international map at all, i see it as the LCC pandering to cultural elitists while at the same time then refusing to allow the peoples park to be used for a community event that would have put much more money into the economy and put us in a positive light on the international map with a 4th of july festival

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I like it.

- Thread needs a poll, where Taxman Dave gone?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

I like it.

Me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Me too.

And I must agree! It brought me and SarahBeep! To AQP! And I never go to AQP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Ye're playing second fiddle to to Corks cow-in-a-tree and the levitating-german.:p ;) like...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭adaminho

langdang wrote: »
    Ye're playing second fiddle to to Corks cow-in-a-tree and the levitating-german.:p ;) like...

I'll think you'll find that it was originally done in 1994.

On a side note anyone remember the Wounded King statue in the People's Park that kept on getting its knob cut off back in the early 90's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

adaminho wrote: »
    I'll think you'll find that it was originally done in 1994.

I remember it well, it was the stand out feature of limerick when I temporarily* came here first - thought ye were all very weird.... Wasn't wrong.

* still here:D

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

Ugly...

AM!!!!!! hello, do u know how much those cranes are per hour!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

AM!!!!!! hello, do u know how much those cranes are per hour!!!!!!

A fiver??? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

3 fiddy and a pint of Guinness!

• Advertisement
Advertisement