Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSN San Diego

Options
  • 16-05-2012 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi! Going to San Diego for the summer on a J1. Really looking forward to it but a bit worried about getting my social security number! I hear San Diego in particular is meant to be really slow at getting them sorted and can take a good few weeks? Can anyone who went to San Diego share their experiences on this? Thanking in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I got mine in about a week but I got there at the end of May so was there before the rush. It dragged a bit for others.

Enjoy San Diego, try the Midway for jobs.

Edit: Forgot to say, that was 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rb123

Thanks for the reply :) Cool, we're heading over late May so fingers crossed! How were employers when you were applying for jobs without ur SSN? Is it as difficult as people say it is to get a job there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

They were okay, but my employer was generally pretty laid-back. It is very difficult, you really need to want a job and go out every day to get one. You can't spend the first few days settling in. Seaworld, USS Midway and the shops in Pacific Beach are all good employers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rb123

Thanks for the advice, really helpful :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 ChoralClam

regards jobs...
    if you are female and attractive you should have no problem.. they love slutty barstaff around here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement