Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling a .ie domain & website

Options
  • 16-05-2012 10:29pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I ahve a website which I have just sold. The website swapover is easy, but I also need to give him the domain and (I assume) the business name I registered to be able to get the .ie domain

Can anyone tell me how I go about doing this?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭cusackd

Cant give you any help on this but where did you advertise the domain for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Zascar wrote: »
    I ahve a website which I have just sold. The website swapover is easy, but I also need to give him the domain and (I assume) the business name I registered to be able to get the .ie domain

Thanks

If it's a generic .ie you shouldn't need to transfer the business name - if the purcahser is a registered co, or a sole-trader they should be able to register it.

On Blacknight.com, when you search for a .ie, if it's taken there's an option to transfer it. I haven't completed the process but I noticed it this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

It's not that simple

It's a change of holder, so you'll need to follow the change of holder process:

http://iedr.ie/index.php/mnumods/mnuxferdomholder

If the new holder does not qualify for the domain name then the transfer cannot be made

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

Zascar wrote: »

Thanks

Hi Zascar, PM Sent.....

Advertisement