Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crayfish V's pleco

Options
  • 16-05-2012 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

Has anyone kept the 2 in same tank?

I am thinking of getting 2 crayfish but have a few bottom feeders.

Crayfish are quite small however they do seem to grow quickly. But I have 3 plecos...... In saying that, the plecos are huge and dont take any crap from other tank members.. Common pleco is 12 inches, sailfins are both 8/10 inches..

Just worry that they will get stressed if the crayfish start nipping at their fins.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

buzz wrote: »

Crayfish are quite small however they do seem to grow quickly. But I have 3 plecos...... In saying that, the plecos are huge and dont take any crap from other tank members.. Common pleco is 12 inches, sailfins are both 8/10 inches..

Just worry that they will get stressed if the crayfish start nipping at their fins.:rolleyes:

I'd be more worried about the plecos damagingthe crayfish..as someebody who recently had to net a large pleco i can tell you they aree very powerfull fish when they're that large.

Mine used to push oscars out of the way and could knock rocks around the tank.

I'm just saying the crayfish who live on the bottom might come off worse with large bottom-feeders like plecos.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Assassin saphir

buzz wrote: »

Yes i keep them together. They seem to get along fine. Just make sure they both have their own place each to hide. Be warned though crayfish get pretty big. Mine is the size of a tv remote.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭buzz

WOW!!

Well to put it straight.

I have a 18" red devil tilapia, a 7" red Parrot, a 8" massive red spotted severum, 16" cat shark, 6 convicts, 6" frontosa, 4 plecos, 2 sail fin and 2 common plecos, 2 fully grown silver dollars, mix of cat fish ie synodontis, upsidedown, talking etc. They all work well together randomly.

Tomorrow Im going to Aquatic village to trade the big lads... Getting to big for my tank.. and want south american cichlids now.

Will the cray fish survive at 6.5-7.0 Ph?

I have a 450L tank and want my own plecos, 2 oscars Ive ordered from Seahorse, and going to trade my fish in Aquatic village,as Ian has some really nice south american cichlids.. Which I will see / purchase tomorrow ;)

Advertisement