Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baked lemon cheesecake

Options
  • 16-05-2012 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭

I made one of these last weekend using mixture of philly cheese and mascarpone, it was lovely but v heavy and I think it was the mascarpone.
    Any suggestions of a nice kind of fluffy recipe for it??
    I had it in portugal last month and it was delicious!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭sdp

did you whip your egg whites nice and stiff? if not that sometimes can make it a bit dense, you could use all but 4tbps of cream cheese, and add 4tbps of double cream. have an old family fav recipe, i can post here if you want it, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

sdp wrote: »
    did you whip your egg whites nice and stiff? if not that sometimes can make it a bit dense, you could use all but 4tbps of cream cheese, and add 4tbps of double cream. have an old family fav recipe, i can post here if you want it, :)

That could've been part of it with the eggs but I still blame the Mascarpone!
    Yes that would be great if you could! I won't be happy until I perfect it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

take a look at these very detailed instructions (see link). This is how I do mine and if you follow exactly then you end up with a really excellent baked cheese cake.

http://www.cookingforengineers.com/recipe/89/Cheesecake-Plain-New-York-Style

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭sdp

Baked cheesecake
    Grease and line the base of 8inch (20cm) spring release tin
    Preheat oven180
    Base:
    6oz crushed digestive biscuits (175g)
    2oz ground almonds (50g)
    3oz butter melted (75g)
    Filling:
    8oz full fat soft cheese (225g)
    8 oz cottage cheese or curd cheese, well drained (225g)
    4 tbsp double cream
    2 eggs separated
    1 egg yolk
    1 tbsp cornflour
    Finely grated rind and juice of 3 lemons
    4 oz caster sugar ( 125g)

To make base, stir the crushed and ground almonds into melted butter mix well,
    Press half the mixture into tin.
    To make filling,
    Blend the cheeses, double cream, 3 egg yolks, cornflour, 4tbsp lemon juice and rind in food processor, or beat in bowl till smooth,
    Whisk the egg whites until stiff, whisk in 2 tbsp of the sugar; keep whisking till stiff and shiny,
    Fold in remaining sugar,
    Gently fold into egg whites into cheese, (if you add small amount to egg white first it will loosen it up and easier to fold in rest)
    Spoon into tin and spread evenly,
    Sprinkle remaining biscuit on top, ( you can leave this off if you want, we like the crunch )
    Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean, if starting to get to brown cover with foil half way during cooking.
    Leave to cool in tin for about an hour.
    Your should have a creamy velvety light smooth center with crisp base and topping,
    Have fun and enjoy :)

Advertisement