Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada Working Visa: Quick query regarding documents for customs

Options
  • 16-05-2012 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Having recently booked my travel insurance for my upcoming trip to Canada under the EIC I have a small question in relation to this and the evidence to be presented on arrival as stated on the official website.
    One requirement is detailed as follows; 'Proof of Private Healthcare Insurance with coverage extending for the duration of your stay in Canada'. I bought a 12 month policy under World Nomads which obviously covers you for emergency insurance but not private. This policy was recommended for the EIC. Can anyone tell me if this is sufficient for presenting at customs or if additional private healthcare insurance is required? I will be arriving and intending to stay in Toronto with my plan to apply for the regions private health insurance in country after the requisite 3 months or so.
    Up to this point I have heard little, outside of the official website, of others booking private health insurance or in some cases even travel insurance upon arrival so can anyone confirm, preferably those already in the country successfully, if private health insurance in addition to emergency health insurance is going to be a firm requirement for customs?
    Thanks for any insight here as ever.

Comments

Advertisement