Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you ever use the bath?

• 16-05-2012 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

I tend to only use the shower. I can't remember the last time I had a bath and don't really see the big fasination about having a bath. Do you clense yourself in the bath or shower?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Mighty yokes them baths. Showers are just for stressed people who are always rushing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Prefer a bath always every night. Too lazy to shower in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭WolfgangWeisen

The animals get a bath, I can't recall ever using it myself though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,466 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Normally shower in the bath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭MisterEpicurus

Do you clense yourself in the bath or shower?

It's precisely that question which is the reason why I've never cleansed myself for the past 10 years. I just can't make up my mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

a hot bath with a bit of chilled out music is basically a legal high

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I used to, but always found it impossible to get the temperature right, always either scalding hot or barely warm. We weren't too well off, so hadn't a shower installed for a long time, so had to use the bath. haven't really gone back since. well I have tried, but still can't get the temperature right. and I can never seem to hold myself up right, so it's not really relaxing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Baths are great for getting stuck into a book or if you need to study,but I'd still hop into the shower after too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

eth0 wrote: »
    Mighty yokes them baths. Showers are just for stressed people who are always rushing

Or us tall people. Baths are a pain in the ass if you are tall. There is always some bit of you out of it getting cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Love using the bath with some bath bombs or bubble bars from Lush. I usually shower after though because I don't always feel clean after a bath.

Won't be doing that when the water meters come in :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

HazDanz wrote: »
    Or us tall people. Baths are a pain in the ass if you are tall. There is always some bit of you out of it getting cold.

You'll have to get an unusually long bath. Or weld a cross section into a normal bath, throw on a bit of enamel. Job done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Our bath is used for 2 thing:

1) washing the dogs
    2) washing something that does not fit/is not suitable to go into the washing machine.

The shower is the place to clean ourselves.

That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

D'oh, you can't dissolve someone in acid in a shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Baths are great for getting stuck into a book or if you need to study,but I'd still hop into the shower after too

OCD?

I think the main users of baths these days are widows who want to reflect on some failed marriage while reading a book of advice by Jeremy Kyle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Yes sometimes, thanks for asking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭Bambii_

generally I have a shower, but love a hot bath every now and then. I swear a bath is a cure all, Im always in a good mood after one, and so relaxed! if I had the time I'd have a long bath every night instead of a shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

Once a week I have a bath. It's one of those jacuzzi ones so it's really relaxing. I set aside an hour most Saturdays & just sit there until my skin turns all pruney :)
    Just use the shower for everyday washing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Yeah sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

OCD?
    I just feel cleaner after a shower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I think the main users of baths these days are widows who want to reflect on some failed marriage while reading a book of advice by Jeremy Kyle.

I guess your husband kicking the bucket would qualify as a failed marriage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

with the water charges coming in baths will only be a luxury for the bourgoise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I would more often if I had a proper big bath, not like I'm massive I'd just like to be able to stretch my legs out and lean back on somethings thats a bit more supportive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

lizt wrote: »
    Love using the bath with some bath bombs or bubble bars from Lush. I usually shower after though because I don't always feel clean after a bath.

I'm the same. I might have a bath now and again but afterwards I have to shower-have to wash my hair and I'm not using bath water to do that.
    Baths are good for relaxing but I get bored after ten mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

As...hot...as...i......can...bare.......and I'm in.........ahhhhhhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

In the words of the late great fyodor dostoyevky "baths are for kunts"

fussyonion wrote: »

I'm the same. I might have a bath now and again but afterwards I have to shower-have to wash my hair and I'm not using bath water to do that.
    Baths are good for relaxing but I get bored after ten mins
    Do u not have a shower head thing on it? For fresh water to wash & rinse your hair. Handy to rinse yourself off too before you get out of the bath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Do u not have a shower head thing on it? For fresh water to wash & rinse your hair. Handy to rinse yourself off too before you get out of the bath

Yeah, that's what I do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭SJPK

OCD?

OGC <=== heh heh heh he do be doin the do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

fussyonion wrote: »
    I have to shower-have to wash my hair and I'm not using bath water to do that.

Just turn on the taps & fill a nearby jug to rinse your hair. That's what I used to do.

On topic, I shower nowadays.

Yeah, that's what I do.
    Ah right.
    I thought you meant that when you get out of the bath you then get into the shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,589 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I beg your pardon!
    with the water charges coming in baths will only be a luxury for the bourgoise

I plan on setting up a savings fund especially for this very purpose.

I spent an immoral amount on a gigantic cast iron bath when I was redoing the bathroom, and it's the best (luxury) money I ever gave away. Especially when I come limping in after a run (I am not one of life's natural runners) and can sink into it and feel all the pain melt away.

Low lighting, candle lit, glass of wine, a book and a hot bath is a great way to spend an evening. Well, part of an evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Sure if you're taking a bath to actually wash yourself, you're just lying in your own filth.

Showers all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I never take a bath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Having a long soak in a hot, bubbly bath is one of life's best pleasures.

I don't get a whole lot of time just for myself, so I love taking an hour out in the bath, reading a book or magazine and listening to some Debussy. Pure, relaxing bliss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

BornToKill wrote: »
    D'oh, you can't dissolve someone in acid in a shower.

You can't do it in a bath either ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

Yeah there is something relaxing about a bath, but also a lot to be said for a nice hot shower. Pressure has to be high for me.

None of this rainfall crack!

Jesus haven't had a bath in years! Probably because I don't own a bath :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

rarely. i did a lot of DIY a few weeks ago and had a long soak after that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

shrewdness wrote: »
    Sure if you're taking a bath to actually wash yourself, you're just lying in your own filth.

Showers all the way.

I'm not a filthy person, so my bathwater doesn't resemble a swamp after I've been in it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

I can't remember the last time I had a bath, showers all the way. The bath in the house is useful for washing my dog though.

Now if I had a jacuzzi that'd be a different story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

You always have to have a bath when in a hotel.

Get the full value like.

I can't remember the last time I had a bath, showers all the way. The bath in the house is useful for washing my dog though.

Now if I had a jacuzzi that'd be a different story.
    Honestly, get one. They are amazing.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I beg your pardon!

Request refused

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,527 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

shrewdness wrote: »

Showers all the way.

And yet when dishes get really dirty we soak them rather than drizzle some water over them.

Bath and shower C-C-C-C-COMMMMMBO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,589 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Request refused

Ah now, don't be like that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I never used the bath.. filled it with top soil a while back and have a shrub arrangement thats coming along

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

do I ever use the bath what are you insinuating .. the only shower I chose to use over bath was in Conway House now that was a power shower. A hot one; at that n it's own fully tiled alcove too. hobo heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Dont have a bath and i really miss it,used to loe relaxing and listening to some tunes,anytime im back staying at the aul folks i have a bath every night, imo it gets you cleaner than a shower too, especially up the ole ass
    crack, plus you cant play with rubber duckies in the shower!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

God yer getting awful personal round here in AH.

Never the less im here to answer the question. No. I Strongly dislike the bath i keep sinking. I love my Shower. I would marry my shower if it was legal and i was mentally insane, but that's a totally different story. The main thing is that me and the bath are divorced and have been for the past 8years. In conclusion the shower is the dominant winner and Theres no going back I rest my case. :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement