Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What happens to criminals in wheelchairs?

• 16-05-2012 11:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

Just finished watching an episode of Alcatraz And the police where taking away a chap in a wheelchair. Genuinely wondering where disabled criminals go? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

they just wheelclamp them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

They push them over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

They get thrown down elevator shafts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I wheely don`t know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

theyd be a bit safer in the shower anyway, dont know where they go, guess its the same as the lad in oz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Emerald City in Oz, well one did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

They give them the top bunk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

It's not easy for them, in court they often don't have a leg to stand on.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

I see them rollin'...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

They get put in Emerald City in Oswald Maximum security penitentiary where they give insightful social commentary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Not sure to be honest ...maybe to cell made for wheelchair access .

Reminds me of the joke about the prisoner who is taken out to be executed by firing squad .

Officer to prisoner '' any last requests ? ''

Prisoner '' Yes ...can I see a doctor please ? ''

Officer '' A doctor ? ..what do you want to see a doctor for ? ''

Prisoner '' Well ... I don't feel well '' .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

They're sent to a low level security prison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

A guy near me was messed up pretty bad since he was a kid. Got big into drugs and the like. Loads of offenses under his belt. Wrapped a jeep around a tree and ended up in a wheelchair. Since then he got a modified car so he could still drive. This guy then got done for drink driving and trying to evade the gardai. I believe he's locked up at the minute for this but I don't know what kind of facility there is for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭Mech1

I hear the legal costs would cripple ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

They make them stop talking and give them a bell to 'ding ding' (spell) out each letter to tell the FBI to go f**k themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

They dont let anyone push them around

I hope no one in a wheelchair reads this thread.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,594 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Shryke wrote: »
    I hope no one in a wheelchair reads this thread.

You'll have to speak up I'm wearing a towel

OK I'm typing louder now. And I'm doing a funny accent, can you guess what it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

-Kenny- wrote: »
    They make them stop talking and give them a bell to 'ding ding' (spell) out each letter to tell the FBI to go f**k themselves

I got it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Their posteriors should be a little safer if they do go to prison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

KKkitty wrote: »
    They're sent to a low level security prison.

It's basically 2 steps lower than the main road, works well enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

antodeco wrote: »
    You'll have to speak up I'm wearing a towel

Well said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Someone robs the wheels off them and puts in up on blocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

They get put in Emerald City in Oswald Maximum security penitentiary where they give insightful social commentary.
    did it freak anyone else out when you were watching Lost, and he was there walking around, not a bother on him. I guess the island must have cured him..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

-Kenny- wrote: »

Nice Breaking Bad reference there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

They get carted off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

All the Oz references in this thread please me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

just watch OZ (HBO show). ie. get addicted twice to tits and narrate the lives of the incarcerated living and dead, but in the end your story gets published by the Muslims, while the arian''s (google will not correct the spelling ? does not look right, ayran? the white power guys, nazis ( FU red squiggly line nazis don't get capital letters) ( need literacy in some computer language to read my posts);) get killed by white parcel pow(d)er, great show ( best character is omar white ( stabs McManus cause he went on TV without telling him he would be on TV)), show is shown "through the eyes" of a dude in a wheelchair in prison, though it does not center around him or his experiences, excellent stuff from the same creator as the wire.

Subjection of the population,
    begins in education,
    and ends in incarceration,

of the nation.

I think i'm rambling again.

ah, it is aryan (though still red squiggly lined - but those fu*cks don't deserve capitalization either) but not to cause any offense, as I will have you know I am not a homosexual, or black, or Jewish, or Asian, or sane, or any of the things you hate without understanding.

• Advertisement
Advertisement