Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quinns are stealing OUR money

Options
  • 17-05-2012 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Just watching a documentary on BBC2 now how the Quinns are siphoning off money from the Quinn Property Group are shifting ownership of property across the world and stopping the IBRC from taking control and getting rent.

Now I'm no big fan of the IBRC at all, but at the end of the day it's our money that they are stealing from us, Peter Quinn even admitted that they are trying to move property away from the government.

I find this despicable and it's really angered me how, when the country is suffering so much that these people are trying to take huge sums of money of the already cash-strapped state, and ultimately it's the tax payer that ends up paying.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/ibrc-claims-asset-conspiracy-in-quinn-case-3101472.html
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

...and he's shit as a co-commentator on Sky Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

bbuzz wrote: »
    Just watching a documentary on BBC2 now how the Quinns are siphoning off money from the Quinn Property Group are shifting ownership of property across the world and stopping the IBRC from taking control and getting rent.

Now I'm no big fan of the IBRC at all, but at the end of the day it's our money that they are stealing from us, Peter Quinn even admitted that they are trying to move property away from the government.

I find this despicable and it's really angered me how, when the country is suffering so much that these people are trying to take huge sums of money of the already cash-strapped state, and ultimately it's the tax payer that ends up paying.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/ibrc-claims-asset-conspiracy-in-quinn-case-3101472.html

If i were them, i'd do the same thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

so would everyone else, but it won't stop everyone else whinging when it's someone else doing it.

Pottler wrote: »
    so would everyone else, but it won't stop everyone else whinging when it's someone else doing it.

but i have a mortgage....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

It's not my money.I'd feel them rooting around in my sock.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

so would everyone else,

No they wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

So you condone some one trying to steal billions from you, your children and their children?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Congratulations on being a billionaire.

3rdDegree wrote: »
    So you condone some one trying to steal billions from you, your children and their children?

Yep

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭true

bbuzz wrote: »

The Quinns started from nothing, worked hard for it and their companies paid hundreds of millions of euro of tax along the way. I do not think they deserve to be left penniless on the side of the road because the politicians, banks and public service f***ed up our economy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

saw that doc. last night the ibrc are never getting that money but it left me asking the question if the quinns are smart enough to be able to hold on to their property investments how did they get suckered by that shyster seanie fitzpatrick?

Yep

I can't argue with that! You're a very generous fellow.

It's not my money.I'd feel them rooting around in my sock.

it will all be coming out of your taxes and or dole.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I thought we irish all loved the type of guy who did this i.e. the cute hoor.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭bbuzz

true wrote: »
    The Quinns started from nothing, worked hard for it and their companies paid hundreds of millions of euro of tax along the way. I do not think they deserve to be left penniless on the side of the road because the politicians, banks and public service f***ed up our economy.

Are you saying that the developers that "worked hard for it and their companies paid hundreds of millions of euro of tax along the way" didn't screw up our economy?

The Quinns were the ones who bought the shares in Anglo, no-one forced them to. They got greedy and they're clearly not penniless, Sean Jr. just got married at the K Club last week. So why are they trying to screw the Irish tax payer out of €500 million of property?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

especially the public service.

Those damned nurses/teachers/garda!!!!!

why the hell didnt they say 'hey Mr Quinn, don't try to double your huge amounts of money on a share gamble! Leave that bank alone!"

hey, i hear a song coming

'hey teachers, leave that bank alone"

whatcha think?

saw that doc. last night the ibrc are never getting that money but it left me asking the question if the quinns are smart enough to be able to hold on to their property investments how did they get suckered by that shyster seanie fitzpatrick?

Quinn was in it up to his neck, and now just like everyone else, he doesn't want to pay back what he owes. So instead, we'll all pay it for him.

To be fair, they did create a lot of employment. Bit they still owe us 4 billion and we will never see a penny of it. I can assure you there will be a lot of people losing the roofs over their heads because of the mess people like Quinn created, but Quinn won't be one of them.

If it can be shown they're in contempt of court they should be held until every last cent has been accounted for and transferred back to where it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Sean Quinn made investments in Anglo who "may" have shown him a set of cooked books on which he based his decisions to invest......

None of the bankers who cooked the books and hid debts of billions by transferring loans between each other will ever be prosecuted

Quinn made no agreements with the people of Ireland,he made the agreements with Anglo,Brian Lenihan signed you and me up to cover the banks bad investments

The multi national bondholders made private investments in Anglo and the government has agreed to pay them back with......taxpayers (our)money.

Quinn will be in a legal fight with the government for the rest of his life.

Sean Quinn got greedy and the bankers made a complete fool out of him,he will never go hungry but I have very little sympathy for him,however the blame lies clearly( IMHO) with our government who signed us up to cover private bondholder losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Wait.....I have billions of euro and/or pounds lying around for people to steal????

Ara sure if I am that rich then all they need do is ask, I can afford to be giving it away. Anybody want a £10 note? Comes with her majesty's head on it and all... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Anglo irish bank is realy to blame in all this, in one day alone they loaned €1bn to quinn to buy shares in anglo. The quinns are now in the process of bringing anglo to court over receiving these loans. Equally to blame is the complete lack of regulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,876 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Irish people done this in their droves at the last general election, voting for parties who supported the shifting of private debt onto the taxpayer.

stovelid wrote: »
    No they wouldn't.

take advantage of s stupid system and stupid people, the majority of people would

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

I firmly believe Sean Quinn when he said he would have paid back everything until they took Quinn Insurance.
    They had no right to do that and fair play to him for having the balls to stand up to them.

He's a cute whure!

Anglo irish bank is realy to blame in all this, in one day alone they loaned €1bn to quinn to buy shares in anglo. The quinns are now in the process of bringing anglo to court over receiving these loans. Equally to blame is the complete lack of regulation.

If the central bank, regulator and relevant public servants had done their job properly.......

The people of this country also played a huge roll!

Ronin247 wrote: »
    Sean Quinn made investments in Anglo who "may" have shown him a set of cooked books on which he based his decisions to invest......

He thought banks here were properly regulated, just because banks in the UK ( the jurisdiction where he was from ) were properly regulated.
    Quinn trusted the financial system in this 26 county statelet, thats the mistake he made.
    He should have stayed in the North.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

And gambled it away on contracts for differences.

He suffered the biggest ever single loss in CFD's ever recorded in the world, on some jumped up bank in Ireland. Warren Buffet suffered bigger losses over a longer period of time but also actually made money out of them.

He got into things he didn't understand and didn't have a clue who or what he was taking on.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    And gambled it away on contracts for differences.

He suffered the biggest ever single loss in CFD's ever recorded in the world, on some jumped up bank in Ireland.

but he still thought banks here were properly regulated, just because banks in the UK ( the jurisdiction where he was from ) were properly regulated.
    Quinn trusted the financial system in this 26 county statelet, thats the mistake he made. Fitzpatrick and Anglo diddled their books, not just them but Irish Nationwide used to "Bed and Breakfast loans" too etc. They ran rings around the regulator and central bank, who werre asleep on the job.
    If the government had done their job properly....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Sean Quinn is only out for Sean Quinn.

The courts seem to be well onto him so if he did anything illegal he will hopefully pay the price, along with his son and nephew. Its not going to happen overnight unfortunately

Advertisement