Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quinns are stealing OUR money

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

He got into things he didn't understand and didn't have a clue who or what he was taking on.

One of those things being insurance.

We are all paying 2% extra on our general insurance policies due to the 600 million in debts left by the mismanagement of Quinn Insurance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭true

ColHol wrote: »
    Sean Quinn is only out for Sean Quinn.
    he created thousands of jobs and paid a lot of tax to the government in his time.

a lot better than the lazy f****rs who take money the whole time anyway while never having done anything productive in their life.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

true wrote: »
    but he still thought banks here were properly regulated, just because banks in the UK ( the jurisdiction where he was from ) were properly regulated.
    Quinn trusted the financial system in this 26 county statelet, thats the mistake he made. Fitzpatrick and Anglo diddled their books, not just them but Irish Nationwide used to "Bed and Breakfast loans" too etc. They ran rings around the regulator and central bank, who werre asleep on the job.
    If the government had done their job properly....

Alarm bells were there about Anglo in 07 if people wanted to see them. He didn't. Plenty lost fortunes on Anglo shares and could blame the regulator, couldn't hide assets though.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

but he still thought banks here were properly regulated, just because banks in the UK ( the jurisdiction where he was from ) were properly regulated.
    Quinn trusted the financial system in this 26 county statelet, thats the mistake he made. Fitzpatrick and Anglo diddled their books, not just them but Irish Nationwide used to "Bed and Breakfast loans" too etc. They ran rings around the regulator and central bank, who werre asleep on the job.
    If the government had done their job properly....

LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

he created thousands of jobs and paid a lot of tax to the government in his time.

Fair play to him for it. This does not excuse the fact that he owes a lot of money. According to tonights program he has hidden this money fraudulently and he cant be allowed to get away with that either

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

The Quinns started from nothing, worked hard for it and their companies paid hundreds of millions of euro of tax along the way. I do not think they deserve to be left penniless on the side of the road because the politicians, banks and public service f***ed up our economy.
    LOL, STOP IT, my side, you're killing me.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ihateusernames

I couldnt give a f*ck how many jobs he created from nothing. Thats not the issue. We have out lowest level of unemployment when Bertie Ahearn was in charge so do we let him off and say "ahh sure didnt he do well"?

No we dont, Quinn gambled and lost. But i dont want to pay a cent to repay his and his ilks loses but I have to with increased taxes and charges. And I'm insulted that he wants to live in luxery while people less fortunate are f*cking smashed paying extra taxes and charges with money they cant hide through a miriad of transactions

a lot better than the lazy f****rs who take money the whole time anyway while never having done anything productive in their life.

he was part of a government sponsored oligopoly - dont you remember how expensive car insurance was ? Its is still an oligopoly and is still extortionate

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mdoyler2

This mess was enviable after Anglo was nationalized; the single biggest mistake ever made in the history of this State. The Regulator, Dept of Finance, the Government and their advisors are to blame for that, not Sean Quinn. The Government and Dept of Finance can’t now claim they are looking after taxpayers interests, after throwing them under the bus in the first place.

I would do exactly the same as Quinn if I was in his position; it disgusts me the attitude of the Government/Dept of Finance, proclaiming they are chasing taxpayers money, while paying international bondholders and hedge funds a 100 cent to Euro of the Anglo Debt ([URL="javascript:void(0);"]thats[/URL] taxpayers money). It’s all smoke and mirrors with Anglo; they are solely motivated by PR and not taxpayers interests. This should never have been our mess, but thanks to the Government and Dept of Finance it is, so the repercussions to come from nationalizing that bloody bank should land on their door.

BTW, a couple interesting points:
    • Paul Gallagher the Attorney General (Government Advisor) at the time of the Bank Guarantee and Nationalisaton of Anglo is now Anglos lead Counsel against Quinn.
    • Its appears that Anglo never lent any money to properties in Russia and the Ukraine, as all the money from Anglo went on [URL="javascript:void(0);"]CFD’s[/URL]. This might explain why they are having trouble getting control of the companies.
    • The bank lent €2.4billion+ to support the 25%+ [URL="javascript:void(0);"]CFD[/URL] position on its own shares. I’m no lawyer, but that has to illegal, plain and simple. Yet nobody has faced any questioning over that, and even worse the Bank are now trying block a case running that will seek full discovery of what happened, disgusting. The Government was aware Quinn had borrowings of 2.8bn prior to nationalising the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

The Quinns started from nothing, worked hard for it and their companies paid hundreds of millions of euro of tax along the way. I do not think they deserve to be left penniless on the side of the road because the politicians, banks and public service f***ed up our economy.

It was people like the Quinn family who f***ed it up. Paying tax doesn't excuse their actions now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

The Quinns started from nothing, worked hard for it and their companies paid hundreds of millions of euro of tax along the way..

I tried showing my P60 to Paddy Power after Cheltenham but for some reason they wouldn't give me my money back... apparently paying taxes isn't a get out of jail free card when it comes to gambling debts.
    ...Quinn trusted the financial system in this 26 county statelet, thats the mistake he made. He should have stayed in the North.

LOL. That's one I haven't heard before. Sean Quinn, the poor UK dimwit hoodwinked by the Irish. Perhaps he should've confined himself to playing roulette with the money of people in the North too, then we wouldn't have to deal with the bollix at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

Sean Q, Seanie Fitz and The Governments of Ireland. All inept ****ers. Put them in bed together and there was always going to be only one outcome, a big ****ing mess.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

In before, "ah shure he created the only jobs outside of subsistence farming and diesel laundering in the border counties, the man's a saint".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Robbo wrote: »
    In before, "ah shure he created the only jobs outside of subsistence farming and diesel laundering in the border counties, the man's a saint".

Too late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

3rdDegree wrote: »
    So you condone some one trying to steal billions from you, your children and their children?
    Yes, yes I do. (actually no, no I don't, I am incandescent with rage and some of my hair just fell out worrying about it:confused:). FFS, what do you want me to do, head up to Cavan and kick the b0llix out of him? I have other feckers rooting round in my pockets looking for household charges, septic tank charges, Income tax bills, Car tax, PRSI, ESB bills, Phone bills, Car Insurance, clothes from TK Max, handbag taxes from the missus, Sky, endless diesel and petrol- how do you expect me to get excited by Quinn sticking his paw in and rummaging through my fivers? His hands must be nice and soft anyway cos I hardly feel them - all the others are far more brazen about it..one just tugged my flute by mistake..that must be Sky...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

These guys are filling their boots with Irish taxpayer money, hiring armed goons to keep us off our own property, selling things they don't own at knockdown cash only prices, hiding millions in tin boxes in countries you never heard of and claiming to be victims of a nasty bank whose only agenda was to ruin them.

Who makes up this sh!te anyway ?

And they all lived happily ever after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

You are reading too much sunday independent. The greedy developers should take the place of the public sector in your rant above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

The man worked hard and made a fortune. Apparently, it wasn't enough for him that he had amassed more money than he could spend in a lifetime and blew it all at the bookies. Now he wants to claim that he 'didn't mean it' and wants his stake back. Sorry Sean, your failed ego trip means my children will pay for your losses and I hope you get what's coming to you.

Advertisement