Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam failure insurance

Options
  • 17-05-2012 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, myself and 6 friends decided today to go travelling in SE Asia over the summer and were just discussing travel insurance. We have finished all our university exams for the year apart from one and were wondering whether we can still purchase exam failure insurance in case we need to come home early to repeat??
    Does the insurance company just need confirmation from the university that we failed (we don't think we have but then again, we're doing a pretty tough course so you never know!) or does the insurance have to be purchased before you do the exams?
    Also, if anyone who has claimed off exam insurance before could give details of how they did it or recommend a company who cover exam failure that I could use at this stage, I'd appreciate the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

katy911 wrote: »
    Hi, myself and 6 friends decided today to go travelling in SE Asia over the summer and were just discussing travel insurance. We have finished all our university exams for the year apart from one and were wondering whether we can still purchase exam failure insurance in case we need to come home early to repeat??
    Does the insurance company just need confirmation from the university that we failed (we don't think we have but then again, we're doing a pretty tough course so you never know!) or does the insurance have to be purchased before you do the exams?
    Also, if anyone who has claimed off exam insurance before could give details of how they did it or recommend a company who cover exam failure that I could use at this stage, I'd appreciate the help.

You should look at the standard curtailment clauses on travel insurance policies

Advertisement