Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blueface @ The Carphone Warehouse

Options
  • 17-05-2012 1:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭

I went in to my local Carphone Warehouse today to enquire about this new network Blueface. Was shocked the second I went in and seen the phones on display. Right they were offered at the same prices as the prepay plans with no subsidies provided. Only a 3 month contract though it said but still they could have started this company with subsidised phones like every other network does. Also they don't do the Iphone 4s even though they have an image of an iphone up on their website. Was expecting a little more with this long awaited launch. It's early days yet but the subsidy matter should have been sorted before launch. My Meteor contract is ending in a few days time was thinking of joining Blueface but paying full price for a phone **** that. Would be much cheaper to go emobile though weirdly I am a 100% no late/missed payments Meteor billpay customer since 2008 but emobile still look for a deposit when I try to join (even whilst talking to an agent over the phone)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Blueface mobile is aimed solely at business users and are competing based on features that appeal to business users. Hence they are not interested in offering subsidised handsets to private individuals.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Do-more wrote: »
    Blueface mobile is aimed solely at business users

Business and prepay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Fungus wrote: »
    Business and prepay.

Thanks for the correction Fungus, I can't even find a referance to prepay mobile on the blueface.ie website every mention of mobile I can find is business.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

They have prepay but the salespeople in the Carphone Warehouse had no information about it yet my friend who loves prepay (obsessively has every network including 48 cause he is 31 20 )was enquiring about it. He awaits the launch of Lyca and MORE mobile.

If you don't get free phones though and you get exactly the same offer with emobile with a cheaper montly rental and the Iphone 4's Nokia Lumia, HTC one, then I can't see many business switching to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Do-more wrote: »
    Thanks for the correction Fungus, I can't even find a referance to prepay mobile on the blueface.ie website every mention of mobile I can find is business.

The Blueface website is a mess.

They have soft launched prepay for the moment.

I got the details of their prepay package by emailing them several times and extracting the information from them.

Their prepay package is poor at best.

See below.
    BlueFace Mobile:

Top up bundles:
    • None

New customer reward:
    • €5: €5 free credit with a purchased sim card.

Outside above bundles:
    • Domestic calls: 16.94 cent per minute.
    • Domestic texts: 10 cent per text.
    • Mobile data: €12.50 per GB.
    • Tethering data: No tethering packages offered. Not permitted with mobile data bundles.
    • International texts: 12.3 cent per text.
    • Webtexts: Zero.
    • International calls: UK mobile calls 16.94 cent per minute. 29.04 cent per minute to Australian mobiles. 6.05 cent per minute to the USA.
    • Roaming: Requirement to be with BlueFace for 3 months to activate roaming or €250 deposit required.
    Other provider information:
    • Network: 3.

• Advertisement
Advertisement