Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strong, fast, cool PC

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Ok, so I have Windows installed. Have yet to get around to setting up the dual monitors (using one at the moment) and will have to work out the best way to get an internet connection on the system as the room it is in isn't wired for the net. I'm thinking either Homeplug or a long cable run from the router downstairs.

I do, however, have a few problems at this point.

1. Both hard drives are connected and showing as disk drives in Device Manager in Windows. However, in My Computer there are two drives (C: and E:) and neither of them seem to be the 2TB Western Digital hard drive. One is the SATA with Windows on it, and the other is a 100mb "System Reserve" drive. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on that?

2. On the C: Drive that is showing up, it is saying that I have about 81gb's free out of 119gb's. The files only amount to about 13gb's on the disk though. Any idea what has happened the other 25 or so gigs?

3. What should I expect the CPU temperature to be like whilst the system is idle?

4. Any thoughts on essential maintenance or anti-virus software is welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 7samurai

You will need to format the 2tb harddrive before it will show in my computer using disk management program in control panel. You can type ' create and format hard disk partitions' in the search program and files and it will come up for you.

7samurai wrote: »
    You will need to format the 2tb harddrive before it will show in my computer using disk management program.

Doing that now, thanks.

Just an update on this. I'm pretty much all systems go on it, with the exception of the 2nd monitor as I'm awaiting the delivery of a HDMI to VGA cable from Amazon (£2.25 online, compared with nearly €50 in Maplin, ffs). Got myself a nice leather chair, and have ordered a new keyboard and mouse as I'm not too happy with the ones I have at the moment. Once I've everything finished I'll go about taking a few photo's.

Thanks for all the advice and assistance, couldn't have done it without all your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    mouse
    Depends, but personally, I have to make sure my hand likes the mouse. If you'll be using it a lot for gaming, and/or work, you'll find out what I mean. The mouse I have, some people wonder how I can use such an uncomfortable mouse, but at the same time, I think they're mad for picking their mouse. It's the one part of the computer that buying it online is not always as easy as you'd think.

Best of luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭popflop

the_syco wrote: »
    Depends, but personally, I have to make sure my hand likes the mouse. If you'll be using it a lot for gaming, and/or work, you'll find out what I mean. The mouse I have, some people wonder how I can use such an uncomfortable mouse, but at the same time, I think they're mad for picking their mouse. It's the one part of the computer that buying it online is not always as easy as you'd think.

Best of luck :)

Personally for me there is no better mouse than the Razer Deathadder, great for both gaming and doing work/browsing the internet.

OP, get the pics up!

popflop wrote: »
    OP, get the pics up!

Got the HDMI to DVI cable today and I'm finally ready for pics... The first one is taken from a sh*tty iPod, so excuse the quality. Will get more up tomorrow from a 500D hopefully.

601096_10150903488147426_2004270600_n.jpg

Advertisement