Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloning an iMac

Options
  • 17-05-2012 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to build a computer that could run OSX without custom drivers?

Purely in theory...
    >_>
    <_<

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Have a google for hackintosh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Have a google for hackintosh

I know it happens a lot with custom drivers, but I want a pure clone. Can't find any myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

I know it happens a lot with custom drivers, but I want a pure clone. Can't find any myself.

What's a pure clone?

Something like GHOSTing the entire hard disk to a second and sticking it into a second Mac with the same hardware might work.

a5y wrote: »
    What's a pure clone?

Something like GHOSTing the entire hard disk to a second and sticking it into a second Mac with the same hardware might work.

(I made up that term)
    By pure clone I mean exactly the same hardware. So an install off the disk/thumbdrive will... just work. And so any future updates will also not cause any issues.

I could bump the RAM and HDD, put in a nice quiet CPU cooler and PSU and such and they shouldn't affect the stability of the OS.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Osmosae

no its not possible from what i've seen, you always need to do some tinkering.

• Advertisement

Osmosae wrote: »
    no its not possible from what i've seen, you always need to do some tinkering.

That's grand then.
    May wait for the iMac refresh so.

Thanks!

Advertisement