Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong maiden name on re-mortgage

Options
  • 17-05-2012 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

About 6 years ago, we re-mortgaged with First Active, done all the legal stuff etc, just noticed that my wife's maiden name is wrong on the forms. It is actually my mother's maiden name that's on it! Anyone any idea if there could be any consequences?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Cant see why. Just seems like a clerical error. Call them.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

As far as I know they only look for maiden names for two reasons - (1) in order to do a credit check, which is now ancient history as you got the mortgage six years ago and (2) as a security question if you're ringing about your account.

Neither one of these has big implications if there was a mix-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

noddyone2 wrote: »
    About 6 years ago, we re-mortgaged with First Active, done all the legal stuff etc, just noticed that my wife's maiden name is wrong on the forms. It is actually my mother's maiden name that's on it! Anyone any idea if there could be any consequences?

I think you will Defo get off the entire mortgage, just stop paying. Is that what you wanted to hear?

Advertisement