Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing my account

Options
  • 17-05-2012 1:44pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey, I need my ESB account closed but there's no information on the website how to do it and what are the requirements. I'm leaving the apartment after 11 months as I've just been made redundant and can no longer afford to be living there.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Mark M

Hi Cherryghost,

To close your account, just contact us with:

Your name and account number
    The move out date
    The final meter reading (There is a link on How to read your meter at the end of this post)
    Your forwarding address
    The new occupant's name and phone number (or the landlord, solicitor or estate agent's name and number)
    And, in your case, instructions to cancel the direct debit before a final bill is issued.
    You can provide this information via email at service@electricireland.ie,
    by phone (1850 372 372) or here on boards by private message.

If you have any other questions we'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Mark M

https://www.electricireland.ie/ei/residential/manage-your-account/how-to-read-your-meter.jsp (how to read your meter)

Advertisement