Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absent from exams?

Options
  • 17-05-2012 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hey, I couldn't get to my last two exams (family stuff) and I'm just wondering if I can just wait until August and do them as repeats or if I need to go and explain things to someone in the college?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Go and talk to either your course head/coordinator or the secretary, as well as the exams office.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Essentially, being absent from an exam constitutes an attempt at the exam, so it's as if you sat the exam and failed.

Most exams you can repeat on August without penalty, but you should definitely check with your department as DB21 suggested.

Are you in final year of your course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 hazydaze

Thanks for the replies! I've emailed the coordinators to see what they have to say about the whole thing. I'm sure it will be grand anyways!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

banquo wrote: »
    Essentially, being absent from an exam constitutes an attempt at the exam, so it's as if you sat the exam and failed.

Most exams you can repeat on August without penalty, but you should definitely check with your department as DB21 suggested.

Are you in final year of your course?

€60 to repeat per paper if its not due to a family bereavement is what I was told.

Advertisement