Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help on birds

• 17-05-2012 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I am having trouble with my next door neighbour. She is throwing out bread for the birds. This is not just a slice but is getting sliced pans bread rolls and buying them just to throw out. I have been to the garda and she agreed that she would stop but this did not happen. She admitted that she was putting out the bread to annoy me !!. There are bird dropping everywhere windows doors etc. There are wires over head were we park car the birds then sit and fowl the cars. This is getting worse and cleaning off the cars the cars are beening scrathed. I have tried everything even a sonic bird scarer. I am wondering now if I should go to a solicitor. Any ideas how I could deal with this. I would be very grateful.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Kosseegan

Contact the local authority litter warden.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 whitewater32

I went to the litter warden already last year. He said that she can throw out want she wants in her own garden. She had been putting it in the front open area. He gave me a litter picker to pick it up with. He thought that she would get fed up of doing it but that didn't happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

Have you thought of laying down bird poison? It's bread peppered with rat poison.

I agree with you completely, in your dissatisfaction with your neighbour. Birds are the rats and mice of the sky, and deserve to exterminated accordingly.

I hate ducks too. They ruin waterways and canals, with their quacking and their little quacking children.

First we get rid of the wild animals, then we get rid of the wild people. And then we can turn Ireland into a paradise. Where fat women, with big legs and smart hairdoes, can walk the land like they own every inch of it, and the sky above, and the hell below us. A paradise.

Stick a plastic hawk up on your gaff and there wont be a bird for miles,
    then she'll have a garden full of soggy ****!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

The Litter warden is plain wrong. The 1997 act clearly covers this.
    6.—(1) The occupier of a public place (not being a public road or a building or other structure) shall keep the place free of litter.

(2) The occupier of any land (other than land consisting of a building or other structure) that is not a public place shall keep the land free of litter that is to any extent visible from a public place.

(3) The owner of any land appurtenant to a residence that is let in two or more dwelling units (not being separate hereditaments) shall, notwithstanding the obligation of an occupier under subsection (2) in relation to land, keep the land free of litter that is to any extent visible from a public place.

(4) Every occupier of land adjoining a public road in respect of which a built-up area speed limit or special speed limit has been established in the functional area of a local authority shall keep free from litter—

(a) any footway adjoining the land and forming, or forming part of, a public road, and

(b) any area of land forming part of a public road between any such footway and the roadway.

(5) No person shall, in carrying out the obligation under subsection (4), deposit any substance or object so as to create litter on a roadway or in any other place.

(6) A person who contravenes any provision of this section shall be guilty of an offence.
    He said that she can throw out want she wants in her own garden. She had been putting it in the front open area.

I suggest you ask to speak to the manager of that department. If it is Dublin City PM me for the name and email of that person (she's great, and very sympathetic) or else speak to the assistant city or county manager who handles that Department. If you are told "it's just bread" well the Act covers that: I think you can clearly demonstrate that it is unsanitary.
    “litter” means a substance or object, whether or not intended as waste (other than waste within the meaning of the Waste Management Act, 1996, which is properly consigned for disposal) that, when deposited in a place other than a litter receptacle or other place lawfully designated for the deposit, is or is likely to become unsightly, deleterious, nauseous or unsanitary, whether by itself or with any other such substance or object, and regardless of its size or volume or the extent of the deposit;

• Advertisement

Or buy a plastic hawk. Genius. :D

Maybe a real hawk:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

Why spend money on a solicitor?:)
    There is an electronic device you can buy that emits a hawk/bird of prey 'squak'.
    You can set it to go off every few minutes or hours.

Along with the plastic hawk, this'll do the trick.

Alternatively, you could buy loads and loads of sliced pans and throw them over the wall in the middle of the night.

Let me know where to send the bill.:D

loremolis wrote: »
    Why spend money on a solicitor?:)
    There is an electronic device you can buy that emits a hawk/bird of prey 'squak'.
    You can set it to go off every few minutes or hours.

Along with the plastic hawk, this'll do the trick.

Alternatively, you could buy loads and loads of sliced pans and throw them over the wall in the middle of the night.

Let me know where to send the bill.:D

Have one of those electronic things already don't work they get used to it. She gets up a 5 in the morning thats the start of her day of putting out the bread and she puts it out then thought the day. I would have some job cause she sitting in her window looking out all the time. I suppose I will never be broken into or if so look for the robber will be easily to see cause they will be covered in ****.

MadsL wrote: »
    The Litter warden is plain wrong. The 1997 act clearly covers this.

I suggest you ask to speak to the manager of that department. If it is Dublin City PM me for the name and email of that person (she's great, and very sympathetic) or else speak to the assistant city or county manager who handles that Department. If you are told "it's just bread" well the Act covers that: I think you can clearly demonstrate that it is unsanitary.

thanks for your reply I think I will try this route again.

• Advertisement

krd wrote: »
    Have you thought of laying down bird poison? It's bread peppered with rat poison.

I agree with you completely, in your dissatisfaction with your neighbour. Birds are the rats and mice of the sky, and deserve to exterminated accordingly.

I hate ducks too. They ruin waterways and canals, with their quacking and their little quacking children.

First we get rid of the wild animals, then we get rid of the wild people. And then we can turn Ireland into a paradise. Where fat women, with big legs and smart hairdoes, can walk the land like they own every inch of it, and the sky above, and the hell below us. A paradise.

I assume you are joking, but if the OP does this he may end up in court. Hedgehogs have been known to eat bread and are a protected species.

I assume you are joking, but if the OP does this he may end up in court. Hedgehogs have been known to eat bread and are a protected species.

It probably is illegal to intentionally poison hedgehogs but they lay bird poison out by Dublin airport - and I assume at all the other airports. If a bird hits a plane as it takes off, it's neither good for the bird nor the plane.

If a bird hits a plane as it takes off,

Surely the other way round, no? The plane hits a bird.

I thought they used raptors at airports (the birds, not dinosaurs)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Pterodactyl-vs_-Plane.png

As far as the pilot is concerned, he sees the bird flying at his windscreen at extraordinary high speed.

It's a constant battle to keep the birds away. I lived near Dublin airport. There's still birds out there. And signs up everywhere telling people not to feed the birds. They get about two bird strikes a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

They get about two bird strikes a year.

Jeez, are they unionised now?

Advertisement