Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RANTING!

Options
  • 17-05-2012 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

I've just rattled off a couple of ranting emails, one to a TD regarding licensing laws and the other to a bank about their very poor customer service.
    Neither will do any good but I for some strange reason I get a little bit of satisfaction from, at least, having voiced my opinion.

What have you ranted about and has it made you feel any better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

I don't rant. I suck it up only to get caught in traffic and go on a rampage as I try to make it home for my daughter's party.

Happens every Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭helen1

Seachmall wrote: »
    I don't rant. I suck it up only to get caught in traffic and go on a rampage as I try to make it home for my daughter's party.

Happens every Friday.

Your daughter has a party every Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I hate people who complain about customer service. Customer service is usually poor because the customer is such an intolerable **** that customer service dosnt care. Its probably good for most other people though.

I used to work in Customer service and if there is one thing I want to rant about its pig ignorant members of the public who think because they spend 10 euro a year and have a basic grasp of the Sale of Goods act from the D they got in their leaving cert ten years ago they know what they are talking about.

Gwan off and call Joe Duffy ya prick

/rant of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Keep ranting, maybe persistence is what is needed to be noticed.

I'm not sure if it would work but can't do any harm.

helen1 wrote: »
    Your daughter has a party every Friday

Is that a statement or a question?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭helen1

A ?

helen1 wrote: »
    A ?

B?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Riamfada wrote: »
    I hate people who complain about customer service. Customer service is usually poor because the customer is such an intolerable **** that customer service dosnt care. Its probably good for most other people though.

I used to work in Customer service and if there is one thing I want to rant about its pig ignorant members of the public who think because they spend 10 euro a year and have a basic grasp of the Sale of Goods act from the D they got in their leaving cert ten years ago they know what they are talking about.

Gwan off and call Joe Duffy ya prick

/rant of the day.

I've worked in customer service too, it's still part of my job. But when I'm treated like shít by a large company I think it's right to complain. We don't give out enough in this country, we accept ****e service, say nothing, walk out of the place and say "Well, I'm never going there again".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I usually only rant about sporting matters. It usually occurs in the confines of a pub and usually ends with one of friends saying I haven't a clue about the said subject, and me getting annoyed, and drinking more.

Thing is I'm a sports journalist and generally have a good understanding of what I'm talking about, and can back it up with facts and figures etc. Just because my occupation is in the public eye doesn't mean that my mates down the pub can question my aptitude to it. I don't question their teaching methods/accounting techniques etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭liamhana

Its not a good week if I havent ranted to at least one of the following;
    1. Eircom about the quality of my broadband/quality of their service...my better half leaves the house when I start phoning them...
    2. The bank for the array of statements, and crap they send me. I've told them, If i want to view how much I owe you I'll go online...and no I dont want another credit card coz you'll send me more feckin statements....
    3. Cafe staff - If I come in for lunch I dont want to be waiting for 15-20mins to be given a bloody sandwich menu...
    4. Insurance company - no I dont want to pay in 10 easy monthly installments... I want to pay now, in cash, in one lump sum so that when I leave at the end of the contract you dont take 3months to stop the Standing order & a further 6months to pay me back for your 'administrative oversight'
    .....dont get me started on Ryan air.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

Brought a new Toyota Yaris recently and wanted the sat nav installed as an optional extra

The cost was over €800 so I declined

Sent a rant of a e-mail of to Toyota

Got no reply:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

liamhana wrote: »
    4. Insurance company - no I dont want to pay in 10 easy monthly installments... I want to pay now, in cash, in one lump sum so that when I leave at the end of the contract you dont take 3months to stop the Standing order & a further 6months to pay me back for your 'administrative oversight'
    .....dont get me started on Ryan air.

Look at mr money bags here!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    I've just rattled off a couple of ranting emails, one to a TD regarding licensing laws and the other to a bank about their very poor customer service.
    Neither will do any good but I for some strange reason I get a little bit of satisfaction from, at least, having voiced my opinion.

There are re runs of One Foot In The Grave on Dave.

Victor could be your new hero.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    There is a Ranting forum, specifically for ranting here.
    Get it off your chest there, and partake in other poster's rants :)

Forum Mods: dr.bollocko, Handsome Bob, keefg - for access.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement