Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Echo 100 Garmin

• 17-05-2012 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hi there,
    This depth/ fish finder seems to work intermittently.. Obviously when your going fast it cant read the depth??? ok - but its saying simulator a lot of the time and can find transducer....

Also if the unit if off surely it should charge when plugged in and the engine is running???

Cant find the manual at the mo

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

google Garmin Echo 100 manual and you'll get a digital copy.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Make sure that there are no air gaps or bubbles between the transducer and the hull sometimes if they are put on with silicone air bubbles can get trapped and mess up the reading if it is in an oil bath make sure there is enough oil in the tube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Daibheid

Ned_led16 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    This depth/ fish finder seems to work intermittently.. Obviously when your going fast it cant read the depth??? ok - but its saying simulator a lot of the time and can find transducer....

Also if the unit if off surely it should charge when plugged in and the engine is running???

Cant find the manual at the mo

There's no internal battery to charge. If you're seeing simulator mode kicking in, check the plug for the transducer in the back of the unit is fully home - it takes a push and if you're having suspicions about batteries not charging maybe check the power lead which is near identical.
    If it's not reading at speed you'll need to play around with height and angle of the transducer. It should protrude below the hull but not so far it causes a rooster tail on the plane. If that doesn't work you may need to reposition it sideways as you may have lined up on a chine in the hull.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Ned_led16

Daibheid wrote: »
    There's no internal battery to charge. If you're seeing simulator mode kicking in, check the plug for the transducer in the back of the unit is fully home - it takes a push and if you're having suspicions about batteries not charging maybe check the power lead which is near identical.
    If it's not reading at speed you'll need to play around with height and angle of the transducer. It should protrude below the hull but not so far it causes a rooster tail on the plane. If that doesn't work you may need to reposition it sideways as you may have lined up on a chine in the hull.

- is it possible to protrude below the hull without causing a drag in the water?? it was working but.........

-anyway so it should work when doing 30 knots?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 county5

Hi guys, hope I'm not hijacking this thread but it's the only one iv found mentioning a fish finder. I currently have a garmin 90 and am looking to upgrade as I just don't think it's reliably accurate. Mainly pike and trout fishing lures, trolling and casting any advice appreciated just a lot of them out there and a big price difference, cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Hi country5, Here is a list of a few on the market http://www.anglersworld.ie/prodtype.asp?CAT_ID=50&strPageHistory=category It's a bit like buying a TV go for the biggest colour screen and the most amount of pixels you can afford if battery power is not a problem. I hear the garmin 500-550 are a good.
    The guy's here might have some better ideas on what to go for. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=62

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Jim from Cork

county5 wrote: »
    Hi guys, hope I'm not hijacking this thread but it's the only one iv found mentioning a fish finder. I currently have a garmin 90 and am looking to upgrade as I just don't think it's reliably accurate. Mainly pike and trout fishing lures, trolling and casting any advice appreciated just a lot of them out there and a big price difference, cheers.

The latest equivalent to your old 90 would be the Echo Range. If you are thinking of colour have a look at the Echo 300. You will be impressed. They retail at around the 220 mark.
    If you are feeling flush look to the Echo 500/550 - more power,bigger screen, nicer mounting system. The Echo 550 has a better screen than the Echo 500.

These sounders are a serious leap forward in technology.;)

Advertisement