Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plastic Ketchup Bottles?

Options
  • 17-05-2012 3:49pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The ones you see is restaurants. Bright red lads. Where can you buy them in Dublin? Any ideas?
    Thanks alot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

You can get them in any pound shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I got some in Dealz in Limerick so you could give a look in Dublin ones. Any of the euro shops Id say have them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If not in the €2 shops then nisbets http://www.nisbets.ie/squeezy/q01.r10.1/Search.raction

but not sure if the public can buy from them.

I hate seeing those bottles in restaurants, much prefer the look of branded ones, like heinz.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

I just want one to store homemade BBQ sauce. Good for a week or two but nice to have a squeezy dispenser.

Copycat Rudys BBQ sauce (original, before it changed)

1 8 oz can tomato sauce
    1 cup ketchup
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    2 1/2 TB spoons of vinegar (white)
    2 TB spoons worchestershire sauce
    1/4 cup Lemon juice (2 lemons)
    1 ts garlic powder
    1 ts course black pepper
    1/4 ts comino
    1/8 ts cayenne pepper

Mix all and brink to a low simmer for a few minutes. Cool and serve

It's very good. :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Planet X wrote: »
    I just want one to store homemade BBQ sauce. Good for a week or two but nice to have a squeezy dispenser.
    You could just wash out an old one. It is often cheaper to buy a product with a nice bottle and dump the contents, the bottle can be soaked to get the label off, a transparent bottle is handy.

I was looking at microwaveable containers before, and some soups come in very sturdy reusable microwave containers which were half the price of similar empty ones.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Did that last year, an old Ketchup bottle. Cleaned, delabeled etc. But the nozzle was a tad too tight/narrow. The BBQ sauce, even after blending, tended to clog the old Ketchup bottle.
    It's a minor worry.
    Just wondering if those Restaurant style bottled were available to buy.

Advertisement