Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acrylic Spray Sealer in Dublin

• 17-05-2012 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi,

I'm looking for acrylic spray sealer for an image transfer project.

I know i can use gel medium but the spray gives less distortion around the image.

I know this product works (Americana Spray Sealers) but I can't find anything in Dublin.

I've gotten Winsor & Newton Artists' Gloss Varnish for Oil Alkyd & Acrylic Colour" from O'Sullivan's but it doesn't do the job at all.

I've tried K&M Evans, Kennedy's, O'Sullivan's and Hacketts but none of them stock it.

Can anybody help me out? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭TreasureBin

It's difficult to get Americana spray now because of tightened shipping regulations re solvents & other dangerous/flammable substances.
    I used to use it for sealing decals and acrylic paintwork but now use Rustoleum Crystal Clear spray which I get from Homebase. It comes in clear, glossy and semi-gloss.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 dath

It's difficult to get Americana spray now because of tightened shipping regulations re solvents & other dangerous/flammable substances.
    I used to use it for sealing decals and acrylic paintwork but now use Rustoleum Crystal Clear spray which I get from Homebase. It comes in clear, glossy and semi-gloss.
    Cheers
    I was looking to do something similar to this. I'm not sure what the ingredient is in the Americana spray that makes the transfer possible so there may be another product with similar ingredients that is available here and will do the same job.

Do you know if Crystal Clear can be used for image transfer?

Interesting!
    I've only done image transfer with the brush-on stuff which is time-consuming and messy. I'll give this technique a go and let you know.
    ;)

dath wrote: »
    Cheers
    I was looking to do something similar to this. I'm not sure what the ingredient is in the Americana spray that makes the transfer possible so there may be another product with similar ingredients that is available here and will do the same job.

Do you know if Crystal Clear can be used for image transfer?

Well, I think Homebase is going to be seeing a lot more of me because Crystal Clear works and I've now got a new hobby! Am now off to try that on various surfaces. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 dath

Awesome, thanks very much for checking that out for me. Now to go cover my house in transfers!

• Advertisement
Advertisement