Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OL maths question choice

• 17-05-2012 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭

What would be the easiest choice of questions for ordinary level?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭Raeone

That depends on you. Some people could be better at Algebra and want to do both Algebra questions while others would be just average or even bad at Algebra but good at everything else.

Have you gone over all the eight questions in school or did your teacher just focus on 6 or 7? You have the option on the day to answer 6 out of 8 so many teachers leave out a topic or two and focus on 6 or 7.

Its good to have a fair idea on your best questions before you go in but read through all the questions and then choose which you feel you will do best at.

Sometimes they can throw an awful Algebra part or an awful Complex numbers part just too penelize the schools who only prepare for six.

I have prepared for seven questions, I left out questions one and just going to read through them on the day and pick..

Q1. Arithmetic
    Q2 & Q3. Algebra
    Q4. Complex numbers
    Q5. Sequences and series
    Q6, Q7, & Q8 is differentiation and functions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Q1 is usually nice enough, kinda logical.
    Personally I'd be leaving out one differentiaton Q or one functions Q, depending on the Q.
    We dont do sequences and series so thats my only choice.

Advertisement