Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctors

• 17-05-2012 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I know this has been asked before, though when I did a search the threads were all a few years old, so hope ye don't mind me asking again!

Recently moved to Limerick city, and I'm looking for a good G.P. Preferably a female G.P, but a good male G.P would be acceptable too!

Someone mentioned to me in passing Dr. Jason McMahon, does anyone go to/know him, and is he good?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭roseagra

I've been to see Dr Annemarie Dineen in the Castletroy Park medical centre and found her brilliant.

They have a surgery in the city, I think in pery square too.

Seen a few of her colleagues too and all very professional and helpful (IMHO)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Mr. TTime

Hi Sar_Bear

I've heard that Jason McMahon is a good option alright. He has just opened up a new surgery on the Ennis Road (opposite the ArDu I think) with another male GP.

Plenty of good doctors in Limerick in my opinion though (haven't heard any disaster stories anyway!).

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Final Approach

Have just been to see Dr. Annemarie Dineen yesterday for the second time in the last few months, having switched over from another G.P., and cannot rate her highly enough. As well as being hugely knowledgable, she is also clearly very enthusiastic about her job, taking the time to explain properly the ailment/condition you may be suffering from, and also the course of action/treatment she considers appropriate, and why. Coupled with this, she also has a friendly, warm personality, and listens carefully to any questions you may have. All in all, I am very glad that I found her, as a good G.P. can be difficult to find.

The clinic in Castletroy is also very modern and comfortable.

If you're willing to travel out the road to adare (15 mins), Dr Joan Curtin is based there. Fantastic GP and a very nice lady. Can't recommend her enough

Advertisement