Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

University of cumbria PGCE Primary 2012

Options
  • 17-05-2012 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey just enquiring if anyone has done the interview for the pgce primary course in University of Cumbria. I have sent my application to them a few days ago (Fusehill campus) and just wanted to hear from people who have done the interview or waiting for an interview. General information really smile.gif Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bridetobe123

Hi Pamela,

I had my interview on Tuesday (yesterday!). It was a very nice interview. There were 3 parts to it - the first was a literacy test where we were assigned pre-interview reading which was an article on reflection in learning. we had to read it - it was quite long - and then were asked to write review of the article and what our own opinion of it was. We had 20 minutes to do so.

The second section was a group discussion task. We were put in groups of 5 and assigned a task - placing items from a classroom in order of priority. We were being observed at all times and they were taking notes on how we interacted with each other and how we communicated. It was very relaxed and they made a point of making you feel comfortable.

The final interview was an interview and 4 questions were asked. You should incorporate as much of your experience in there as you can - that's what they're listening out for. That was it.

I was actually offered a place on the course today! Am delighted.

Best of luck with the interview.

Advertisement