Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stage 2. I need investors to help get my invention to the market?

Options
  • 17-05-2012 4:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭

I have recently had my innovation reviewed by professionals and have spoken to a design consultancy firm with very positive feedback.

My local enterprise board have being less than helpful in getting the ball rolling for me, before disclosing anything relating to my idea they told me i would have to pay all costs related to progressing up front and they may reimburse me half of the costs.

BOI or AIB also do not offer any financial help to someone unless you are at the stage of going on Dragons Den.

I would of course part with 50% of the earnings made from selling/licencing this product if only i could get someone or a few people to be my venture capitalists as i have being at this for a while and i know i am on to a winner.

Thank you for any advice/help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

Have you tried seedups.com?

You could crowdfund your investment. There is a few other websites out there that might help. Basically if people like your idea they will give you money in return for capital etc.

The main thing first would to be to make sure someone cant just knock off your idea easily. Most great new inventions are difficult enough to find a complete patent etc. You could have a great invention but too risky to market due to its ease of replicating. So many other reasons for someone not to invest in a good new invention even if it does look like it could make some money.

Advertisement